ZebraLight SC600 MkII

Erik1213

Enlightened
Re: Zebralight SC600 MKII info

I didn't even realize that the light would cycle through modes till you posted this. I never use that feature. Short click for high, long press for low and double click for medium. It's much quicker than low and wait for a cycle. But, alas, mine does not pause during the cycle, no matter the high mode setting.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't even realize that the light would cycle through modes till you posted this. I never use that feature. Short click for high, long press for low and double click for medium. It's much quicker than low and wait for a cycle. But, alas, mine does not pause during the cycle, no matter the high mode setting.

Mine won`t do that...just switches between low 1 and low 2...

Erik1213

Enlightened

Just for medium, which isn't bad. The key is the long press for low, no flash, no blindness.

BWX

Enlightened

Oh yeah, mine does go into med if you double click from off- didn't know that.. but it does work- with the blast from turbo first of course. No biggie as it can be pointed at the ground easily.

I just tested it again and it took 15 full seconds to cycle past H1 on the first try from cold.. (cold meaning not turned on on 15 minutes, then single click from off to get to turbo H1, then wait a few seconds, press and hold to cycle, and counted one-one thousand, two-one thousand, three.. all the way to 15 one thousand, then it cycled!! So yeah.. It is defective for sure! I think the circuit doesn't work properly until it gets warmed up or something, then sometimes it works.

I just got it in the mail two days ago. I emailed TorchDirect and explained it to them. Hopefully they won't jerk me around.

I'm so freaking (nice language version) sick of getting defective lights after paying big bucks for supposed "high quality" flash lights. Really freaking really sick of it.

Eagletac defective D25LC2 clicky x2 right off the bat- the third one in use but flickers on high/ loosened mode, so I got the SC600
Zebralight Defective x6 - 5 defective H501, yes 5.. one defective SC600 so far.
Spark- 3 defective SL6-800CW - current one is in sock drawer, defective $100 paperweight from GG.

Seriously WTH is going on here. I'm using Panasonic 3100 18650's.. I have like 10 of them. Cannot be blamed on the batteries. Plus those batteries all work perfect in other 18650 lights that are not defective.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just tested it again and it took 15 full seconds to cycle past H1 on the first try from cold.. (cold meaning not turned on on 15 minutes, then single click from off to get to turbo H1, then wait a few seconds, press and hold to cycle, and counted one-one thousand, two-one thousand, three.. all the way to 15 one thousand, then it cycled!! So yeah.. It is defective for sure! I think the circuit doesn't work properly until it gets warmed up or something, then sometimes it works.

Afraid so. Mine does not hesitate for even a second...starts to cycle right away...

BWX

Enlightened

Ok, thanks for all results of your testing.

More testing for me.. put in fresh battery with 4.11v. Worked perfect every time no matter what.. for a little while. Then after a few minutes testing it.. it starts again with the delay. It looks like it works perfect with completely fresh battery, but when battery gets below 4.00v or so, it starts this delay business. I did one test where it took 22 seconds to start to cycle after H1, even with the new (fresh) battery. When battery is down around 3.7 or 3.8, it is constant with this delay after H1. Oh well.

At least I now it is not a feature, and it will not be on MKII, and it is just a defective MKI.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, let me see if I have a batt below 4 volts...

fnj

Enlightened
It's probably insulting to mention this, but you have to mash heck out of the switch when you hold it down. Otherwise it may not really be down all the time.

LEDburn

Enlightened
It's probably insulting to mention this, but you have to mash heck out of the switch when you hold it down. Otherwise it may not really be down all the time.

Nope, it actually sounds like you scored a dud light too if that's the case.
Not one of my five Zebras need the force you're describing in order to cycle through the modes.

Cessquill

Newly Enlightened

No Li-ions for non-flashaholic/family emergency lights, even output modes are undesirable in that role. Zebralights aren't what you want if that's the application you're shopping for.
Sorry, that wasn't the main application - there are standard lights around for that use - I'm just getting into this and was thinking about emergency situations as a side issue. It would predominately be for EDC in a range of situations that call for various levels of light.

Lumosnox

Newly Enlightened
zl600.jpg

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by eloreno
Man that's a bummer. I just received my second sc600 last Friday. I would have waited had I known.
I feel your pain.

I have one sc52, and another on order, but I think I will sell one of em' to get the sporty "turbo" MKll model of the sc600!

I feel it too, but you probably got one with the U2 LED, so chances are it's only marginally less bright at the highest level than Mk II. Still, a minor change in output seems like the least significant update in comparison to reduced size and better runtimes. If you already have one one, you could always consider not using it (the one you received Friday) and selling it in mint condition.

So does that mean that they have been shipping the H600s with U2 LEDs as well?

Last edited:

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
It's february. By the time the MKII really hits the market it better features a XM-L2! Otherwise their new light will be already outdated.

brightasday

Newly Enlightened
MAN..... Zebralight is reeeeeeeeeally taking their sweet time getting this light out...

OK, let me say up front that I'm a big Zebralight fan. I think they make tremendous flashlights, with great UI, superior output, great runtimes, etc. IMO they can not be beat. But as good as they are with flashlights, they are at least as BAD with estimates of when new lights will be available (if that makes any sense at all). Honestly I don't think anyone should make any plans based on their estimates of release dates.