ZebraLight SC600 MkII

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Sorry for my bad English
I was thinking to buy Zebra SC600 MKII, do you think this model is "stable" or there might be some updates or upgrades in the near future? (update in the immediate future)
I would not buy and then find out that after a series improved.
Thanks

(Translated with Google translator)

I'm sure it's stable. The SC600 MkII is newly released.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ArcticHighlander

Newly Enlightened
When oh when is ZL going to announce availability of the SC600W MkII?????
I emailed Zebralight about this a week or more back and just received a response that they plan to release it in the next few months. Since I was told by an excellent vendor of theirs a few days ago that it was supposed to have been released 6 months ago and he had still been given no availability date, you can take it for whatever its worth.

Cessquill

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Zebralight about this a week or more back and just received a response that they plan to release it in the next few months. Since I was told by an excellent vendor of theirs a few days ago that it was supposed to have been released 6 months ago and he had still been given no availability date, you can take it for whatever its worth.
Well, they said in December that the SC600 MKII would be released in January (announcement still on their website). It finally started appearing in early April. Whilst I've no doubt that a "w" version will appear, I haven't seen anything official on their site. If their CS is telling you, then great - it's happening.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks for the reply.
I could not find information on LEDs, first or second generation?
I'm afraid that the first generation and it can get out an update soon XM-L2..

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast

I sent email to zebralight, I asked what LED uses the new SC600, respond that uses XM-L.
My fear coming out soon new SC600 version with XM-L2.
I ordered a torch SC600MKII yesterday :-(
Do you think that this is a real possibility?

toysareforboys

Enlightened
I sent email to zebralight, I asked what LED uses the new SC600, respond that uses XM-L.
My fear coming out soon new SC600 version with XM-L2.
I ordered a torch SC600MKII yesterday :-(
Do you think that this is a real possibility?
You can get the LED changed to XM-L2 if you want now (voids your warranty).

-Jamie M.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get the LED changed to XM-L2 if you want now (voids your warranty).

-Jamie M.

No I do not want to do modding :)
I have a flashlight in order, I do not know whether to cancel and wait a little longer.
If in a month or two SC600 comes with upgrade XM-L2 would be a disaster..

Last edited:

BobK

Newly Enlightened
No I do not want to do modding :)
I have a flashlight in order, I do not know whether to cancel and wait a little longer.
If in a month or two SC600 comes with upgrade XM-L2 would be a disaster..

Stefano, I would not worry too much about it. I have both the second version of the SC600 and the SC600mkII and setting aside the beam profile differences, there is little increase in light overall with the mkII. It is detectable, yes, but only just. I do not think that the change to an XM-L2 would translate into that much more light overall, certainly not enough to be declared a disaster.

Besides, the light is so nifty that you surely will wish you had an additional one (or more.) If and when the upgrade finally comes out you will have a valid excuse to purchase a second (or third) one at that time.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stefano, I would not worry too much about it. I have both the second version of the SC600 and the SC600mkII and setting aside the beam profile differences, there is little increase in light overall with the mkII. It is detectable, yes, but only just. I do not think that the change to an XM-L2 would translate into that much more light overall, certainly not enough to be declared a disaster.

Besides, the light is so nifty that you surely will wish you had an additional one (or more.) If and when the upgrade finally comes out you will have a valid excuse to purchase a second (or third) one at that time.

Many thanks for your opinion.
I have 6 Zebra Headlamp, this is my first Zebra hand_torch I hope to have the same satisfaction I had with the others.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Swede74

Enlightened
I finally bought the Zebralight SC600 :)
I made a little review is made of Italian but there are some photos that may be of interest.

Link:
http://www.cpfitaliaforum.it/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5795&p=87405#p87405

Link (short) http://goo.gl/dSpJK

I just read your review on the Italian forum (I used Google Translate). Thank you, I think the throw (or, "pull", as Google Translate seem to want to call it) shows up very well in the second set of beamshots (the ones with the carport to the right). You work fast, by the way, it didn't take you long to get all those photos up :)

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read your review on the Italian forum (I used Google Translate). Thank you, I think the throw (or, "pull", as Google Translate seem to want to call it) shows up very well in the second set of beamshots (the ones with the carport to the right). You work fast, by the way, it didn't take you long to get all those photos up :)

Thanks Swede74
I tried to do my best, unfortunately the external photographs are of poor quality because I only have a Coolpix L25.
But I think I've given a small panorama of this Zebra, I love this brand !
SC600 MKII is my seventh Zebralight flashlight.

Nicola

Newly Enlightened
... I think the throw (or, "pull", as Google Translate seem to want to call it) ...

Unfortunately italian word "tiro" from verb "tirare" has two meanings. One is "to pull", the other is "to throw" and Google seems to be unable to choose the correct one... :)

Bravo Stefano! :)

gteague

Newly Enlightened
let's hope no one uses google translate when someone needs a life vest 'thrown' to them! [g]

many years ago while living outside possuoli (pozzuoli?) i went to the local gas station needing a container of propane. unfortunately the words for 'propane cylinder' and 'blow-up sex toy doll' sound nearly exactly alike. bombola/bombala (?) but i was glad i could afford the gas station crew a good laugh!

/guy (aka guido [but not a guido!]... who loved napoli but not the brigate rosse who, in 1978, left aldo moro's body inside a station wagon only kilometers from his rented house on the grounds of the castle at lago di patria)

Last edited:

Likebright

Enlightened
I received mine yesterday. Really fine light. I am prone to cool white lights for my EDCs and this is a good one with out the green tint I see in a lot of The U2 LEDs.
The first thing I did was pay a visit to my grinding wheel and grind off that goofy lanyard protrusion jetting out from the tube.
This thing gets hot if left in Turbo much more than a minute. The interface of brightness settings is as it is with other Zebra Light pretty intuitive. It does seem to get confused and hang up between high power and low sometimes but it may be something I am doing.
For the size of the package and the weight this takes EDC to a new level.
Glad I have one.

Mike

Last edited: