Zebralight sc600 Won't come on to low setting

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Guys, I will try a thorough cleaning, a battery rest and a few more tries. If I can get this thing to work as in the video, I may be done flashlight hunting for some time!!!

Don't let this sour you on Zebras, overall they're great lights. I've got well over a dozen different lights now, and I still goof things up... For instance, I bought an SC60w about three weeks ago from Going Gear. Soon as it came, pulled it out of the package, popped in a freshly charge AW protected 18650-2600 and... nothing. Not so much as a peep. Cleaned it all up, checked the contacts, checked my battery, etc., etc., etc. Still nothing. Emailed for an RMA, returned, got a replacement. Soon as it arrived, pulled it out of the box and... nothing. Exact same thing. At this point I figured I couldn't have gotten two bum units in a row. So I thought about it some, and then thought I'd try something I hadn't thought about before... AW P-2600-18650's are flat tops. Pulled out a spacer magnet, stuck on top of the positive end, put it in the light, and... VIOLA!!! A fully functioning new EDC!!! I felt pretty dumb, I'll tell you... :D

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was nice of you to share that, B0wz3r. It makes me feel sooooo much better about the many silly things I've done :).

The only reason I kept mentioning the UI to new-b, was because even though I had read and thoroughly studied the UI of the SC600 before it arrived, in the excitement of actually getting the light in my hands, I found myself fumbling around trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to work right, ha.

Of course once I settled down and patiently went through the process, it became obvious that it worked just fine, and it's now my constant companion.

I'll be interested to hear what new-b finally finds out about his light.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was nice of you to share that, B0wz3r. It makes me feel sooooo much better about the many silly things I've done :).

The only reason I kept mentioning the UI to new-b, was because even though I had read and thoroughly studied the UI of the SC600 before it arrived, in the excitement of actually getting the light in my hands, I found myself fumbling around trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to work right, ha.

Of course once I settled down and patiently went through the process, it became obvious that it worked just fine, and it's now my constant companion.

I'll be interested to hear what new-b finally finds out about his light.

No worries. :D I always tell my son if you're not doing anything wrong, you're not learning anything! :) After all, that's what we're here for, to share our love of these little miracles of modern technology, and to have as much fun, er, I mean, get the most use out of them, as we can. :D

new-b

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE:

So I tried everything. Contacted Zebralight and they gave me some tips. Still didn't work. Sent it back to Zebralight. Got it back today and it works exactly as it should. I thought I was going crazy not being able to figure out the interface, but the switch was broken. Very Happy! Thanks for the help everyone! Can't wait until night!

thaugen

Enlightened
I am happy to hear Zebralight took good care of you. I have had nothing but wonderful customer service from them as well. They seem to stand behind their products!

LGT

Enlightened
UPDATE:

So I tried everything. Contacted Zebralight and they gave me some tips. Still didn't work. Sent it back to Zebralight. Got it back today and it works exactly as it should. I thought I was going crazy not being able to figure out the interface, but the switch was broken. Very Happy! Thanks for the help everyone! Can't wait until night!
It can be a real pain in the *** when you're doing everyting right but your new light isn't responding the way it's supposed to. But now that you have one that operates as it's supposed to what are your impressions?

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE:

Thanks for the update and good news. So what do you think of the light?

new-b

Newly Enlightened
It seems to be a pretty great light! Unfortunately it was dumping rain last night so I didn't get to play outside. The interface is super reliable (now). This was my main concern before I got the light and when I got it the first time I thought "this interface sucks!" But it works great. I tend to like a super low level of light and a very bright light. the memory works great. I have it set to come on at less than a lumen or 720, and to have those two at my fingertips is kind of awesome. I t appears to be pretty floody which for most of my applications is fine. It is comfortable in the hand, tail stands quite stable, and is sharp looking. More real world tests to come, but pretty much a winner. My only concern is that the switch stays working.
Josh

JudasD

Enlightened
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have had my sc600 for maybe 2-3 months now. has worked fine the entire time until today. tried to use a low mode and noticed that it was flickering really badly. Moved to a medium and high mode and they worked fine. Went back to low and again really bad flicker. Turned the light off and now the low modes are dead. All i can get to are the medium and high modes. Very strange. I have tried a few different cells and they all do the exact same thing. Cleaned the contacts and it is still dead on low :( Time for an RMA i suppose.

JD

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like it could be a bad capacitor under the switch although I have not heard of this problem since the first batch or two, is your light a newer model does it have a lanyard attachment?

JudasD

Enlightened
Yes, mine does have the lanyard attachment. It was purchased direct from Zebralight somewhere between 2-3 months ago.

JD

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the switches that fragile on these lights?

In the first batch when they was first produced their was a few with bad capacitors under the switch but that was quickly resolved bt Zebralight, other than that I have not seen any complaints other than this thread.

Keep in mind all the problems we read about with switch's acting up or switch retaining rings working themselves loose with just about every brand that uses a traditional switch be it reverse or forward "tactical" switch. So I think so far the electronic switch is showing itself dependable maybe even more so than mechanical switches.

Every time someone's light is not turning on or acting up you can bet the first responses from members it to suggest the retaining ring be tightened up.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, mine does have the lanyard attachment. It was purchased direct from Zebralight somewhere between 2-3 months ago.

JD

It's possible it might not even be the switch but the circuit, talk to your dealer and Zebralight and I'm sure they will take care of you, I know it will suck to be without it for awhile but it's a great light and chances are high your next SC600 will not have any problems. I hope you get it resolved quickly and satisfactorily.