ZebraLight SC600

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Dumb question: Is the LED replaceable/upgradeable?
Funny you should ask this - normally I'd say; "nope, not a chance with ZL". However, earlier today I was taking a closer look at the pics - and... well.. does the bezel look removable to anyone?

sc600bezel.jpg

I'm not sure what it would really gain us - but in the past ZL was pretty much impenetrable. I know DeFrabricata has used his considerable talent on unsuspecting ZL lights (not sure if he's swapped LEDs though)...

Input from modders greatly appreciated!

-Jas.

tygger

Enlightened
By the way, it is completely remarkable to me how inconsequential the difference between 7 and 28 lumens is. I'm leaving my M2 on 7.

I am pretty psyched about the SC600, even though generally I shun rechargeable batteries. I would kill for 18650 primaries ... but even in their absence I think I want an 18650. In fact, if ALL levels are really non-PWM, I am going to really be very excited. The slow, slow PWM in the H51/SC51 is their only real shortcoming.

I agree the difference between M1/M2 output is not all that great. I usually stay in L2, M2, H2 (86 lumen) and have never felt I needed more light for the task. As far as rechargeables go, you'd be surprised. I was never a big rechargeable user and now I hardly use primaires anymore. There's something satisfying about leaving the house everyday with fully charged batteries. And of course, you can usually use primary 16340's as a backup in most 18650 lights. As long as you keep the discharge rate reasonable that is. Man, I hope Zebralight hurries it up with the neutral version.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok so how does turbo work?

i suppose it kicks in at H1 then automatically ramps down to 500 lumens? if so how long? timer-controlled or temp-controlled? i hope the latter cuz if mounted on handlebars cooling is not a problem

as for the missing clip i'm sure my machinist can make one for me but shame on ZL for cutting corners on that one.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok so how does turbo work?

i suppose it kicks in at H1 then automatically ramps down to 500 lumens? if so how long? timer-controlled or temp-controlled? i hope the latter cuz if mounted on handlebars cooling is not a problem

It may not be either, it's possible there is only a few moments of 700+ lumens on each battery charge before a constant 500. If so that's ok with me I don't see myself using the 750lmns very much anyways. I guess one of us could send an email to ZL and ask but I don't want to flood them with the same question a dozen times by different people.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jas,

I saw that bezel joint as well. Now that ZL is producing high-current (3Amps?) lights, it would be nice to use it as a platform for future high-power LED mods.

Your enlarged pic makes me realize the recessed switch doesn't have much of a rounded or chamfered edge, especially for a large thumb.

Last edited:

jellydonut

Enlightened
A bit intriguing, but not what I'm after presently.

Still looking forward to their new headlamps. ;)

hazna

Enlightened
a headlamp driven hard on a XML will get quite hot. I'd be concerned about wearing one on a head band.

New User

Banned
Just ordered one. Don't care about the clip. Not much bigger than the SC60, same beam, much better output. Looks great to me!

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Keep the hope for an X-ML headlamp from ZL - I know I am!

I reported the above info back in March in the headlamp forum. I think IlluminationGear was just getting his site ready - if the H61 became available (I'll confirm with him). When/if it does, and following ZL's naming sequence, an H61 would more than likely be X-PG based. If an X-ML based headlamp comes to fruition, it would likely be labeled an H600...

-Jas.

edit: Confirmed; IlluminationGear was just getting his site ready - if the H61 became available.

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am SUPER excited about this light!

To think: just a year ago or so, this light would have been almost unimaginable! It is amazing! I love my S12 Maelstrom but would love a slightly smaller light that is still a hand-cannon... and has a better UI... this is it!

Can't wait for the fellas to review this thing!

AusKipper

Enlightened
Anyone know what the lux/throw is on it? (the SC600)

If its = or > than my Quark 123 Turbo (xpg)... then i'm going to make my GF very annoyed...

Status
Not open for further replies.