ZebraLight SC600

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerHD

Newly Enlightened
I believe it was a low voltage cell. All is good again for my sc600 now that I have a good charge. I did purchase a multimeter today as well.

LedTed

Enlightened
I have the newest ZL SC600. Two nights ago, my wife asked me why I decided to buy the little FL I was using to light our way to the house. The moment was perfect; I asked her if she could see our roof. She said, "Yes". I said, "No you can't". With two quick clicks, I changed the output of the SC600 to its first high level, illuminated the entire roof and said, "Now you can." Knowing better, but realizing it a little too late, she smiled at her own question.

bodhran

Enlightened
I must admit, I wasn't a big fan of side mounted switches. My wife likes them though and wanted a new AA flashlight. She already has a Klarus, so thought I would get her the sc51. After it arrived and I got a chance to try it out, I fell in love. Today I recieved my first Zebralight, the sc600. Can't get over the small size and quality of this light. Now if my wife decides she doesn't like the sc51....*eg*

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my new SC600 - it's a lovely flashlight, however it keeps switching off by itself permanently after a few minutes.
The only way to switch it back on is to untwist the tail cap, and re-tighten the tail cap.
Is this normal, or is it because I'm using Ultrafire 2400 mAH Protected batteries?
Will using AW 2900 or Redilast 3100 fix this problem, or will it still be the same???
Is it an electronic fault, and it should be exchanged for another SC600?

Last edited:

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
My SC60 would get a little weird and did not always turn on when hitting the switch. It did turn off by itself a couple times. In my case I just needed to clean up the cap and threads. Just was not making constant contact even when screwed all the way down. Works perfectly months later.

Todoroff

Newly Enlightened
Mine has a faint flicker on 500lm (steady light on turbo and the lower modes) with basic cells (Cytac, JetBeam). Hope high end batteries "cure" that and it doesn't damage the emitter meanwhile.

Burgess

Flashaholic
:sigh:

May i make a humble suggestion . . . .

Anyone (everyone) using Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries in a non-stock application

( such as in a flashlight )

should certainly have (and use) a digital multi-meter, to measure Cell Voltage.

And, of course, they should read and follow CPF safety guidelines posted in our FAQ's.

:whistle:
_

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
edc3 said:
Guess what I just pre-ordered...

:paypal:

ZLSC600w SC600w XM-L 18650 Flashlight Neutral White

Thank god I saved enough cash for this, what with 4 sevens putting out HCRI's today now a 600w, and I am on vacation at the same time. ;)

uplite

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads-up, edc3...I've ordered my SC600w too!

Does anyone know if the SC600 works with flat-top cells? Thanks.

-Jeff

Last edited:

thaugen

Enlightened
Order placed for the SC600w! Anyone else planning on taking the pre-order plunge? I wonder how many are available?

Last edited:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads-up, edc3...I've ordered my SC600w too!

Does anyone know if the SC600 works with flat-top cells? Thanks.

-Jeff

There was a thread on that subject. the answer is yes and no. The AW 2900 flat top protected cells are properly functional. The AW 2200 flat-top unprotected cells need one of those little magnet spacers to make contact. Lighthound carries suitable magnet spacers that are strong enough not to shift on the top of the cell - if carefully inserted.

However, be very careful since the usual mechanical battery polarity reversal protection will not be effective. That is particularly troublesome in general with multiple flashlights, some of which take the cell + end first, some - end first. I am speaking from experience having fried an expensive flashlight head.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
And I can't pre-order because the system kept telling me there is no shipping option to my address. What? I have placed so many orders with Zebralight in the past. No shipping options? That's nuts. I have emailed ZL about this and I just hope that the pre-order is still open on Monday when Zebralight start work and correct the system error.

kwak

Enlightened
Obviously no one has one of these tints yet to compare.

But does anyone have a link of decent pics to compare say the normal tint, this white tint and a possible upcoming neutral tint please?

As i say no one knows the exact tint yet, but a rough idea of the difference will do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.