Zebralight SC600w II L2 Announced for September

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
exactly same here, 1-2mm off.
its OK though.

Mine was offset but just 1-2mm at most. Good enough. Regarding the anodizing, I was worried about this while attaching the clip. Turns out, any scratching appears to be from material from the clip on mine, not the anodized finish - I could see gold-ish colored reisdue rubbed off from the clip.

Ares

Newly Enlightened
Sigh. Well, that settles it. I'm going to send mine in. Here's hoping there's actually a warmer tint available, and it's not just the differences in our eyes haha. Thanks!

Well, it took a month and a half, but I just got my replacement in the mail! It's not nearly as "warm" as my original SC600w (I knew that would be the case), but there is no more purple tint! It's very neutral. I'd say it's more neutral than my SC600w was. I like it!

If you order from ZebraLight directly, I'd recommend mentioning in the notes when you order that you're picky about the tint. Considering the care they take to pick a good tint when you send one back in, likely they would do so in the first place if you mention it up front! I'll be sure to do that myself from now on.

jeffkruse

Newly Enlightened
This is a great light!!! I Love it!

However, since I have the SC600w I am not so impressed with this new version. It's not as warm and I hardly noticed an improvement in brightness when first turned on. I'll need to run both lights for 30 minutes to see if the new version is better than the old.

Again, this light is fantastic but don't expect it to blow away the old version.

Ares

Newly Enlightened
@jeffkruse I sent mine in and got a better tint (mine was way too purplish). It's still definitely cooler (but also advertised as such - 4400K vs 4200K), but more usable now. Sky blue no longer looks purple with the replacement.

The main difference I notice (between the SC600w original and the SC600w Mk II L2) is in the spill. Go outside and shine it around. You'll notice much more detail in the spill, in my opinion.

It was tough, giving my old SC600w to my dad for Christmas... but with a better tint, I'm okay with it now. If they were the exact tint same tint, it would have been perfect for me. But I think it will grow on me, in time.

I'm really curious to see how the SC62d compares in regards to tint...

markr6

Flashaholic
This is a great light!!! I Love it!

However, since I have the SC600w I am not so impressed with this new version. It's not as warm and I hardly noticed an improvement in brightness when first turned on. I'll need to run both lights for 30 minutes to see if the new version is better than the old.

Again, this light is fantastic but don't expect it to blow away the old version.

That's true. I think the biggest thing to consider with updates like this are:

1. Increased runtime on high, even if it's just a small increase it helps
2. Features like the voltage check and instant access to strobe with 3 clicks
3. Additional moonlight modes

Just those features alone are a huge reason for me to upgrade. I'm also looking forward to some small changes to the SC52w.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I felt the same way about the lanyard bump. Then I realized they offset it so it's not quite opposite the switch and if you rotate the clip up against it from the right direction the clip is close enough to opposite that it works for me. Would have preferred the lanyard ring to be rotatable though.

Just got one and then found this thread. Same issue I found as well as you guys.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
In its highest output mode, how long can the SC600w II be handheld, before it gets too hot to hold comfortably?

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
Mine never gets too hot that it's uncomfortable, would make a nice winter hand warmer ��

moozooh

Enlightened
In its highest output mode, how long can the SC600w II be handheld, before it gets too hot to hold comfortably?

I've made some measurements here. You can convert °C to °F using Google search. Free to decide what temp is uncomfortable for you.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've made some measurements here. You can convert °C to °F using Google search. Free to decide what temp is uncomfortable for you.

Thanks. Around 120F after 4 minutes on high, according to your test. Toasty! But the SC62w must get up to that same temperature in an even shorter time. Advantage to the SC600w MK II.