Zebralight SC600w IV Plus

recDNA

Flashaholic
If you carry the SC600 like I do in a belt holster clipped to a belt clip you don't even realize you are carrying it.
A holster wouldn't look appropriate in my workplace. I really prefer pocket carry. sc62 is just the right size for me. My HDS is only slightly thicker yet I sometimes find it annoying. In a floody light the smaller head works fine. I prefer 400 lumens that don't drop down too fast to 2500 anyway. Still the new 600 is a great tech achievement & it does temp me for coat pocket carry but I usually reserve that for a thrower.

Flashlight Junkie

Newly Enlightened
I pre-ordered mine on Nov 17th and was told yesterday that it won't ship for another 2-3 weeks. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I'm dying to get my hands on it.

I ordered mine on Nov. 14 and it shipped on Nov. 29. Already on my kitchen table, just have to crack open the package and play around with it. So glad I didn't delay my order. I'm sure they'll be back in stock soon.

SuperCals

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Zebralight SC600 IV Plus on Nov 5th, and still have not received the light.
I contacted customer service to ask why they have not shipped the light yet.
They said that they will not ship for 2 to 3 weeks!
I am very disappointed with Zebra light.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a headlamp version of this light with neutral/warm tint, clear lens and 2300 lumens in the lV version?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a headlamp version of this light with neutral/warm tint, clear lens and 2300 lumens in the lV version?
No.

The MKIV clear lens, neutral white, headlamp is the H600w MKIV. It uses the XHP35 and is 1400 lumens on H1.

Remember the headlamps are way smaller and lighter then the SC600 and are more like the SC64. They already get hot fast and step down quickly at 1100-1400 lumens so, it would be kind of silly to try and push 2300 lumens out of one imo.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
No.

The MKIV clear lens, neutral white, headlamp is the H600w MKIV. It uses the XHP35 and is 1400 lumens on H1.

Remember the headlamps are way smaller and lighter then the SC600 and are more like the SC64. They already get hot fast and step down quickly at 1100-1400 lumens so, it would be kind of silly to try and push 2300 lumens out of one imo.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply!

Flashlight Junkie

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Zebralight SC600 IV Plus on Nov 5th, and still have not received the light.
I contacted customer service to ask why they have not shipped the light yet.
They said that they will not ship for 2 to 3 weeks!
I am very disappointed with Zebra light.

Hmm... strange. Have you ordered from Zebralight before? I would think it would be first come-first served, not start with repeat customers.

NPL

Enlightened
No.

They did release the h600fc mk4 with xhp50 led that puts out about 1500 lumens at high cri. If heat is not an issue for that one, then I don't see why they can't do it with a clear lens.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
They did release the h600fc mk4 with xhp50 led that puts out about 1500 lumens at high cri. If heat is not an issue for that one, then I don't see why they can't do it with a clear lens.

Heat is an issue on all these small Zebras. And, that is only 100 lumens more then the H600w MKIV.

I'm sure they could put out a clear lens version of the H600w with the XHP50.2(not the XHP50 as it would have beam artifacts) with a 2300 lumen H1 if they wanted to. But, what's the point if it steps down to the same level anyway after a few seconds. A light that weighs 39 grams can only dissipate so much heat no matter which emitter or how efficient of a driver they are using is. There comes a point when it just gets silly to play the lumen race game in lights this small imo.

Last edited:

NPL

Enlightened
I do agree, no need for a lumens game, but the xhp50.2 seems to be very efficient and at lower lumens without PID it seems it can deliver 350 lumens for 5 hours which is impressive. Looking forward to see the runtimes announced to see how like for like models compare.

Flashlight Junkie

Newly Enlightened
I just finished playing outside with my new SC600w Mk IV and Mk IV Plus with charged LG HE2 cells. First, I tested the Mk IV against my old and beloved SC600w Mk II L2. Gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed. Even though the Mk IV outputs 40% more lumens (1400 vs 1028), it doesn't look that much brighter. The Mk IV Plus has a beautiful, wide beam and a bit more throw than the Fd Mk III Plus (frosted lens). I definitely like it better than the III Plus. I'll probably send the IV back for a refund and keep the IV Plus. At any rate, at $89-$99 US a pop, I'm done with the lumens race. Unless Zebralight rolls out a Mk V at 3,000 lumens, I'm out for a bit. Peace!

Last edited:

SuperCals

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... strange. Have you ordered from Zebralight before? I would think it would be first come-first served, not start with repeat customers.

Yes I have ordered from Zebralight before. I own 8 Zebralights. Customer service told me sorry you can cancel your order. This will be the last light I order from Zebralight for awhile. I'm not satisfied with there response.

sp5it

Enlightened
Can someone post beam shot compare between mk4 plus and mk3 hi?
Thanks, Mike

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Yes I have ordered from Zebralight before. I own 8 Zebralights. Customer service told me sorry you can cancel your order. This will be the last light I order from Zebralight for awhile. I'm not satisfied with there response.
What response would have been satisfactory?

SuperCals

Newly Enlightened
What response would have been satisfactory?

I would like them to explain way orders placed after I placed my order Where shipped first.
But they responded with you can cancel your order. That sounds like maybe they don't want my business.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like them to explain way orders placed after I placed my order Where shipped first.
But they responded with you can cancel your order. That sounds like maybe they don't want my business.

The other thing to keep in mind is some paid an extra $4 for expedited shipping which may have put them ahead as well.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't take it like that...... they are a small company and they're in the process of releasing a ton of lights, and I imagine it's pretty crazy there now.

We seem to have gotten used to the "instant gratification" afforded by large internet giants, but ZL is a small niche company, and I'm sure it's not an easy balancing act to figure out which lights to produce in which quantities, and probably even more difficult trying to please all the folks who pre-ordered the lights.

Anyway, just a thought : )

Latest posts