luxeon auto lights

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
He will ship to us in the US. I've bought from him before. :thumbsup: Just email him.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad those aren't the LuxIII version Reds. Then it would be bright as stock.

s0crates82

Newly Enlightened
does he have the means to manufacture lux3 reds? ambers?

do they have similar resistance to filament lamps?

and finally... do you ahve pics of them in action?

Thanks for the reply!

SemiMan

Banned
I would suggest being real careful changing any of the safety lights on a vehicle, i.e. stop, signals, etc. If you compromise the performance of these lights and you get in an accident, you will be considered to have had no lights if the other insurance company or person has a smart investigator...... and they do look for it.

A light on a vehicle is a system consisting of the bulb, reflector and lens. The result is a specific lighting pattern. If you change from a bulb to a LED, you are quite likely creating holes in the lighting pattern even if the total amount of light goes up.

Lux-III bulb replacements are probably bordering on the impractical due to thermal issues and loss of light due to heat.

Semiman

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Semiman, good points. A lambertain or even Side emitter would likely work well in the relfector of the car, as the luxeons don't focus the light them selves. As long as it's at the right height in the reflector.

A luxIII if well designed will meet the lumen requirements. I don't know if a drop in would be practical because of the heat like you said. A copper body would be a must.

OEM can design them with large heatsinks and be DOT legal though.