runtime question

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my Pila 3.7v incandescent bulb with a Pila 168s battery in my G2. The setup works well but I was wondering about how much runtime I can expect? The Pila GL2R uses a 168A Pila battery and they advertise 50 minutes of runtime. I was estimating around 30-35 minutes. Anyone use this setup and know for sure?

tron3

Banned
NotRegulated said:
I've been using my Pila 3.7v incandescent bulb with a Pila 168s battery in my G2. The setup works well but I was wondering about how much runtime I can expect? The Pila GL2R uses a 168A Pila battery and they advertise 50 minutes of runtime. I was estimating around 30-35 minutes. Anyone use this setup and know for sure?

Haven't done this myself, but the most serious flashaholics here have boxes to measure runtime and boxes. Then you find out the half life of the battery - the point in which the output starts to drop like a stone.

If you are really serious you can do what some others here do...let a new battery discharge and time it. Someone here ran a gamet of tests using all kinds of CR123 batteries, and I'm assuming he spent the money himself on batteries. Just 1 or 2 won't break your piggy bank. :)