What Brand 123's do you use

What brand do you use for PRIMARY 123's?

• Battery station

Votes: 43 47.3%
  • amondotech

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • surefire

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • premium (duracell etc.)

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hquan

Enlightened
Looking to get my first light using 123's (HDS U60) and wondering what brand primary cells people use.

I saw a chart showing various brands with the HDS - but can't seem to find it now. If anyone knows the chart that I am talking about, please post the link. :)

Last edited:

Chris201W

Enlightened
I have a Nuwai QIII and an Inova X5 which are still on the batteries which came with them. I haven't ordered any 123's yet, but when I do (which will be soon), I'm probably going to go with amondotech (titanium brand).

greenLED

Flashaholic
Could the poll be changed to answer multiple brands? I mostly have Titatium right now, but still have a few BatteryStation left, and about half-dozen SF's, and a couple of odd-ends that came with other lights or electronics. Never bought duracells.

Safety1st

Enlightened
hquan..

just a note on the U60 you're getting...

It's brilliant...you'll love it and take it everywhere...:wow:

I do...

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
SF123 almost exclusively as I trust SF to incorporate the best safety mechanisms in existence. I am always a bit paranoid.

From time to time BS123, too. Heard good things about them and good experience.

No cheap off-shore cells though.

bernie

Bryan

Enlightened
I generally use those Panasonics from Pickeasy off Ebay. I have 12 Surefire batteries left but I won't ever buy them again at the new price. I'll probably try the Amondo or batterystation ones next.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a load Toshiba brand 123's a few years ago from Botach. $1 each at bulk rate.

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
I use battery station. I havent tried Titaniums yet becuase of a website I went to. Something like amondotechripoff.info. Just basically people who had terrible customer service. Though I probably would still try them.

greenLED

Flashaholic
[OT] Amazing how we can get upset like that sometimes, over small things. We're spoiled customers, really. :shakehead (see my U2 pseudo-rant...) In the time it took that poor gent to set up a domain, etc. he could've gone out and bought his batteries. [/OT]

I have some really old (and spent) cells that have a dark grey wrapping. I think they're Toshiba, Sanyo (don't have them handy)? Anybody have a pic? They came with my dad's NV scope.

Incidentally, the Titatium cells I have are ever so slightly thicker than the SF's and BS's I have. Could be a batch difference, I don't know.

Last edited:

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
If you click on the surefire website, then click articles, then The language of light and you'll see there is a box of hotlinks, if you then click battery basics you will see a link to lithium batteries. There they have 12 2 pack SF123 cards for 1.29 each battery. Everywhere else you see the batteries for 1.75 except for this page.
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/423/sesent/00

Havent tried it yet, but it shows as 30.96 for 24 batteries. Hope they don't catch this and fix it. :)

magic79 said:
WAS using Surefire...after the 40% price increase, it'll be Battery Station or Titanium from now on.

Bryan

Enlightened
citizenal said:
Havent tried it yet, but it shows as 30.96 for 24 batteries. Hope they don't catch this and fix it. :)

That's still kind of high when you consider Surefire tacks on shipping on top of that. I feel I can buy a battery that is just as good if not better than the SF's and still pay less. When you pay less for batteries, you don't feel as guilty using your lights, and you will want to use them more often :)

DigMe

Enlightened
I also used Surefire's but won't anymore because they're now too expensive. I'll probably go Battery Station next.

brad cook

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
I definately agree. Thats why I use batterystation now. :)

Bryan said:
That's still kind of high when you consider Surefire tacks on shipping on top of that. I feel I can buy a battery that is just as good if not better than the SF's and still pay less. When you pay less for batteries, you don't feel as guilty using your lights, and you will want to use them more often :)

Status
Not open for further replies.