Anyone got a pic of their m6 3w?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
But it cant be the older batterystation one. I would like to see if they changed the HA3. The better HA3 is shinier.

-David

Delvance

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure mine isn't an old one...bought it recently

Serial number S129894

PM6%201.JPG

PM6%202.JPG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gots pix of all my lights...but I think my PM6 LED Lux 3s all have the duller finish...

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, you have the dull finish. I have one with that finish and one with a gold shiny finish. The shiny one is a lot tougher.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
yeah, you have the dull finish. I have one with that finish and one with a gold shiny finish. The shiny one is a lot tougher.

-David

how do you know the shiny one is tougher?

do the new models come with hardness ratings?

btw, did you get your gold shiny model straight from pelican? how sells these?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that shiny HAIII was weaker then dull HA3, because adding any dyes into the mix weakens it, and the shiny stuff is a dye. IIRC the 'natural' HAIII is the strongest.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats what you think. I own both, and the dull one is actually not a tough. The dull one has a softer finish than the shiny one. If you feel yours, you will see that it feels somewhat soft, and I actually thought it was tougher at first, until I dropped it onto my PM6 LED HA2. They both scratched, but I was surprized to see that the 3w was banged up. I got mine from batterystation when he sold prototypes, and I dont think Pelican make them. Here is a pic that I stole from Spoonrobot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/spoonman/lgiths.jpg

-David