Votes: 6 5.6%
  • All of them!

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Not a Fenix fan

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

atm

Enlightened
Now that the L0P has been out for a while I'm interested to know which of the 3 Fenix models is most favoured. I realise there will be more people with the earlier models, but feel free to vote for something you don't yet have if you believe it would be used more.

I like them all for slightly different reasons, but my L1P gets the most use due to it's compromise of size, output and runtime (on lithium or NiMH) suiting me best at this stage.

Andrew

FlashMike

Newly Enlightened
To say "All of them" is too easy. All are really nice lights - I just happen to think that the L1P is the best compromise in size, brightness and runtime. And yes, I have all three (1 ea of L0 and L2, three L1P's).

Tremendo

Enlightened
easy... My L1P with the 1.7watt MillerMods circuit. Twice as bright as a standard L1P, I have a Lithium Energizer in one and a 2500 mAh NiMh in my EDC in my pocket. Small enough I don't notice it in my pocket, with the 2 stage mod it's quite practical.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1P,
Have a current regulated LuxeonIII 2AA work light so I don't need the L2P. Prefer longer runtimes so the L0P is a no-go but that L1P. Great size, very good output, cheap to feed and very moddable. Like Tremendo, I have a MillerMods L1P driving the R bin at 500mA with a 5 ohm two-stage switch. Nothing like having a body stout enough to handle twice the heat and a moddable switch for high/low output. Friends at work wonder what I will do with my "helmet light" when the MM L1P arrives. What is there not to love?

cy

Flashaholic
like my stainless L1+ the best. it's part of my EDC rotation. getting harder to nudge Mclux ti's EDC spot away.
14500 li-ion lives in L1+, but will not accept two stage switch mod due to SS not insulating.

V2.0 will also support 14500 li-ion and AA alk/nmh. but will easily support two stage cap mod.

So V2.0 fenix gets the nod for most useable fenix so far. have not gotten a LOP yet. feedback indicate runtimes are too low for me to want one.

still waiting for Andrewyn's AAA mod to come in.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to offend anyone. But I really don't see anything attractive in the Fenix, not even a single feature makes me want to buy one. To me INOVAs and Peaks are waaay supeior lights in any aspect and I already own one. Therefore, sorry Fenix, maybe in the next incarnation...

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
Outdoors Fanatic said:
Not to offend anyone. But I really don't see anything attractive in the Fenix, not even a single feature makes me want to buy one. To me INOVAs and Peaks are waaay supeior lights in any aspect and I already own one. Therefore, sorry Fenix, maybe in the next incarnation...

The only reason I have a fenix is cause they gave me a free one, :lolsign: , personally, I'm waiting for the peak 1w aaa

carrot

Flashaholic
Outdoors Fanatic said:
I didn't think there was really anything special about the Fenix until I got one. It's so nice and small... and I don't think INOVA offers a comparable light.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats easy the L2P the only one I own. Works great on rechargable batteries.
Its my backup edc which I carry along with a Brinkman Maxfire w BOG 3w led module until I get my Aleph 2.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoors Fanatic said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why would you spend your time posting such anti-Fenix sentiment in a thread asking which Fenix is your favorite. That makes about as much sense and spending time on a forum dedicated to Ferraris and constantly bashing anything to do with Ferrari.

thinking.gif

Personally, I think the L1P is probably the best overall considering it's carryable size and decent brightness and runtime with NiMH cells or lithiums. The L2P is fine for someone used to carrying a Minimag, but it's larger (longer) than I prefer. I just received an L0P and I must say that it is quite impressive. Some don't like the twist only action (no clickie) but that doesn't bother me much in a light this size. It's quite usable and I think it has decent runtime on NiMHs or Lithiums considering it's small size. Plus the spillbeam is HUGE! Quite a bit larger than that of the L1P/L2P.

Overall, I'd say the L0P is my favorite, but the L1P is the 'best'.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I like my L1P I carry it most every day. I also like the L2P but I can't say I carry it cuz I don't. I did not buy a L0P as I felt no need to do so. To each his own. Fenix has some good stuff to me. I got three lights made by Peak. I like them just fine. It is OK to like both.
Topper

GrnXnham

Enlightened
cratz2 said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why would you spend your time posting such anti-Fenix sentiment in a thread asking which Fenix is your favorite. That makes about as much sense and spending time on a forum dedicated to Ferraris and constantly bashing anything to do with Ferrari.

Probably because one of the choices in the poll was "Not a Fenix Fan."

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
By far ultra tough Stainless L1+ would be the best. Even if its a version 2.0 it sure beats all my other L1p V2.5 in tint and and brightness running all with E2 cell.
SO my vote would be:
1st- L1+
2nd- L1p
3rd- L0p
4th- L2p

Blazer

Enlightened
I only have the L1P so far, but the L0P is on order.

I hope I'm as impressed with the L0P as the L1P. The L1P is my EDC and if you check out the "Ever Help Someone with your Flashlight" thread you'll see why I like the L1P.

Maybe I'll change my mind after I get the L0P but so far, the L1P is my favourite.

alvin70

Newly Enlightened
I just got my L1P today and feel that its an awesome light for such a small package, do not know much about the L0P or the L2P but personally the L1P is good enough for me, therefore it will be my EDC light from now on including my Surefire E2e, :)

atm said:
Now that the L0P has been out for a while I'm interested to know which of the 3 Fenix models is most favoured. I realise there will be more people with the earlier models, but feel free to vote for something you don't yet have if you believe it would be used more.

I like them all for slightly different reasons, but my L1P gets the most use due to it's compromise of size, output and runtime (on lithium or NiMH) suiting me best at this stage.

Andrew

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't played with L0 or L2, but I like my L1P a lot. Very few other full 1W, 1AA, $45, HA'd, UCL'd (TM?), 2 hr runtime on 1 Nimh lights out there. Like none. And the little split ring Lynx_Arc sent me allows me to use a finger loop, making it much handier and more secure to use.

There are quite a few pretty good, inexpensive, and well designed 2AA lights out there so the gap for the L2P is smaller, if any at all. I like my modified Dorcy 1AAA for pocket use (at $7 cost including new LED) so much that it's hard to imagine replacing it with the much more expensive L0P, despite the L0P's impressive specs.

Last edited: