Newbie here. Looking for a inexpensive, multi-level light.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. I am looking for a multi-level light I can use around the house. When I need to check on my daughter, it needs to be dim enough not to wake her.
sleepy.gif
When I need to investigate a noise, I want it to be bright enough to blind someone momentarily.

Any suggestions,

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to take a look at some of the Twin Tasks lights from Streamlight The Fry's stores in your area may carry several models of them (though it would be cheaper to buy it from one of the web resources).

LiteBrite said:
Hello everyone. I am looking for a multi-level light I can use around the house. When I need to check on my daughter, it needs to be dim enough not to wake her.
sleepy.gif
When I need to investigate a noise, I want it to be bright enough to blind someone momentarily.

Any suggestions,

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Lexus.
The twin task sounds good, but I want to stay with a lamp that has only L.E.D.s

Lite

Newly Enlightened
LiteBrite said:
sleepy.gif

Any suggestions,
Without spending $250.00+, you may have trouble finding such a light.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
Lite,

How much!?!?!?!?:huh2::wow::wtf:

Blazer,

Great suggestion!! This CPF flashlight rocks. :rock:

Tremendo

Enlightened
LiteBrite said:
Lite,

How much!?!?!?!?:huh2::wow::wtf:

6 weeks ago I thought the same for a flashlight. If you didn't mention budget, I'd say the Surefire U2. 6 stages of brightness, LED, enough to temporarily blind someone, lifetime guarantee, tactical switch, etc... but ohh so costly. $279 list, some discount available. That was my 1st major procurement and I don't regret it.

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
My wife would kill me if I spent $200+ on light. :xyxgun: Hell, she would kill me if I spent $50+

Still, the more I visit the CPF, the more I'm heading toward the dark side. (Or is it the light side?) :sssh: :naughty:

LiteBrite

Newly Enlightened
I just noted the CPF light uses CR123s. I can get AAs for free at work, so I would prefer one that runs on these.

What do you guys/girls recommend?:thinking:

pae77

Enlightened
I would recommend taking a look at the new Safe-Light "Super Bright" at about $15 for one or $12 each if you buy 2 or more from their web site with free shipping. It's not really super bright and won't blind anyone, but has two brightness levels, is great for navigating around the house without disturbing others and has long runtimes.

Last edited:

pae77

Enlightened
LiteBrite said:
Do you have a link to the website?

Here it is.

Scroll down the page until you see "The new Safe-Light Super Bright." Just was released last week. If you end up ordering please enter my reward code which "1484C" in the appropriate box (without the quotes).

It's a nice light to have around the house.