Do I buy the Luma Ray FL12 or not? Need to decide today.

Do I buy the Lumaray FL12, or not?

• Be man, suck it up, and buy it. Easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • You need permission? What do you live with your mother? "She lives with ME." -Principle Skinner

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • No - not if you are already having buyers remorse.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Hell, I'm buying one for me!

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

tron3

Banned
http://www.lumaray.com/home_800.html Click products then click FL12.

I put myself on the waiting list for this, and it's ready if I want it...but I am lamenting it because it will cost over $130 shipped.

It is a 3C light which what I want, but that is a lot of money for a collectable light. I can easily afford it. What do I do?

I have read all the reviews and it really is a long lasting and cool light.

:awman:

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I was gonna spend that for a light I'd have to consider my alternatives. At least one is a mag85 from lightedge, it's a little more but it's a lot more flashlight goodness. Or an Ion is in the ballpark or firefly or 3 streamlight TT 3c's or ....

The lumaray would look cool next to a still in box Capt. Picard doll but it has only about 19.95 worth of appeal to me. I'd pass.

M.TEX

Enlightened
Ummm I don't know about you but my NEXT choice

will be FL6....But it's most for the looks...

This is my 0.2 Cents :whistle:

tron3

Banned
Yeah, I really wanted it for the coolness factor, long run times, and the glow aspect. But I have white glow paint and I can mod any flashlight I want with that. :naughty:

Maybe I'll start with my old Solitaire. It is so beat up nothing i do can be any worse.

Decided not to get one, people. Thanks for the support.

my name is fake

Enlightened
Yes, there is a USd10 discount.

I love my FL6, although i admit i bought it for its form more than its function. it does function well though...nice hot & tight beam. But more suitable for indoor use though...

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that if you want it and can afford it you should buy it. :D

Go for it!

Funny thing...this morning, right before I saw this thread, I sent off an email off to Lumaray asking if they have plans to ever use the Nichia cs LEDs in the FL6. I'm more interested in the FL6 because of it's tighter beam shape.

jbay

Newly Enlightened
I say buy it . Luma Ray is all about the cool factor and its got it hands down. Everyone you show it to is going to say WOW and that is one of the reasons we buy all these lights . There aint nothing else that looks like it. If I had $130 I would buy it !

tron3

Banned
jbay said:
I say buy it . Luma Ray is all about the cool factor and its got it hands down. Everyone you show it to is going to say WOW and that is one of the reasons we buy all these lights . There aint nothing else that looks like it. If I had $130 I would buy it !

True, but I already send an e-mail saying I have to pass. Besides, I know he is coming out with some modified designs, so I'll get one of those. I really want one.
:awman:

ddaadd

Enlightened
I got my FL12 the first week they came out, (last summer?), and am still glad I did. I'm using nimh C cells, along with the super run time. This is my go-to light for medium to close on the job working illumination. Biggest hot spot of any light I own, bright white with a blueish edge is very pleasing to look at. Oh, and the cool factor is just icing on the cake, a bonus, as was the CPF discount. The industrial clients I work for, percieve this as forward thinking for their needs.

:rock: