Fenix L0P

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
Any body got the single AAA Fenix L0P yet !!!
If so, what are your thoughts ? From what I read
its a 1 watt and runs on a single AAA for about
70 minutes to 50% and its really small.
............... :wow:

Yooper

Enlightened
Last edited:

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
After my experieince with the 1LP, I got one as soon as it was available from 4stephens. the FENIX folks apparently dont agree that it needs a pocketclip.
I also have an ARC AAA-P. I compare it's quality, overall feel and performance with that of a Rolex watch.
The Fenix is initially brighter. that's why I like it. but I realize that extra brightness is not as lasting as the ARC's constant brillant smooth performance.

VWTim

Enlightened
I love mine, it's my main EDC utility light. Gets almost daily/nightly use walking to the woodpile and splitting kindling.

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
its a ok light, brighter then the arc AAA P for about a hr then the arc kills it, i keep the arc with me at all time and the fenix sets at home and is used some times for home use, when i dont grab my gladius and turn it down( which is most of the time) hope this helps

IMSabbel

Enlightened
I got mine a week ago (damn thing was somehow wrongly declarated and i had to drive to the custom office and do 10 pages of paperwork GRRRR)

I am not a flashaholic, and the only other led-light i have is that PEAK 5led AA light (the old one, before they had those "moon" leds).

The L0P is small. In fact, so small that i misplaced it serveral times already, plus i cannot feel it in my pocket, so i have to check everytime (i guess i have to get a lanyard. OTOH, i noticed that with 1 or 2 cuts i could get in placed in my purse).

Compared to the PEAK light (both on fully charged NiMh), its SOOO much whiter. In fact, as i dont know other luxon lights, HOW good, but i have a color calibrated LCD and the light of the hotspot seems around 5.5k kelvin, without ANY kind of color shift. No yellow, no blue, no green. Just white.

The hotspot is about 2-3 times as bright as the peak, plus a bit larger. The, which is very lowon the peak (because of the recessed led mounting), is really good on the l0p.
I just noticed it yesterday. I was late out of the lab, and in the long corridors all the lights were out already. As i didnt want to set 2.5k+W of flourecense in motion just to get out, i used the l0p. It was pefect. The hotspot was bright enough to perfectly illuminate the next 10-15m of the corridors, and the sidespill was still enough to see the walls/floor directly in front perfectly well.

I really love that tiny little light :D
(but one think i might suggest: dont be as dumb as i was. As when i got one, i wanted to see how bright it really was and held it to my eye and turned it on... the purple spots took some hours to go away completely :D)

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
Thanks Guys !!! .................................:thanks:
I don't have a real small AAA light yet and I
am beginning to think I should add this light
to my collection.

What is the best price and who's got it !!!

luigi

Enlightened
It's very bright with very good spill, a flood-type light.
Solid construction, indestructible.
Runtime is quite poor.
The other problem I found is that the light is a twisty that is not a problem but the threading is more or less at the middle of the light and closed to the heand than the tail, this cause that many times in dark environments you don't know where the light is pointing when you turn it on, maybe that is not a real problem for you :)

Luigi

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
luigi said:
It's very bright with very good spill, a flood-type light.
Solid construction, indestructible.
Runtime is quite poor.
The other problem I found is that the light is a twisty that is not a problem but the threading is more or less at the middle of the light and closed to the heand than the tail, this cause that many times in dark environments you don't know where the light is pointing when you turn it on, maybe that is not a real problem for you :)

Luigi

I put heatshrink over the body of mine so I can tell by feel which way to hold it.

The runtime would have kept me from buying it but I got a MillerMods 3-level mod done to it. So my low is dimmer than my Arc AAA (about 30mA to the Luxeon), my medium is a bit brighter than my Arc (about 90mA to the Lux) and high is bright with short runtime like the factory version. Worth the extra money for me.

Greg