V16 Photo-Pump... do you know it? Reviews???

hardrock42

Newly Enlightened
I once owned one of these beauties. slim designed torches. And was wondering, people go on and on about ARC's Fennix's for good little handy pocket torches. Oh and the key chain button led one... can remember the name! ... Anyway, does anybody know of the V16? I was so brilliant that it won a Design Pluss award in 2002 (so im told).Yet, on reading the "whats in your pocket..." thread, I saw no mention of it, I had to add a comment myself!

Im not saying its the best torch ever, however with the stats below...
  • Lifetime Guaranteed
  • Gift boxed
  • German engineered white LED penlight torch and free batteries
  • Solid brass torch incorporates a photon tube reflector system for a brilliant white beam
  • Features state of the art optoelectronic technology with gold plated electrical contacts
  • Lasts up to 70 hours on 2x BR435 batteries (included) Water resistant and shockproof housing
  • Can clip to your cap, belt, hat, vest with handy clip - 3.75 x .25 size, .25 oz (98.6 x 6.3mm, 10g)
You'd thinks its perfect for your every day carry... I havent heard reviews of brightness and beam shots, but its a decent torch for £12.00 (amazon). The brightness is good to get around in dark or to find something in the boot of your car or whatever a person who carries several torches with does with their torches! I once owned one however my mum lost it! :awman: (accidentaly fell into the bin...:rant: ive now moved my bin away from the edge of my desk after loosing my wirless apple mouse as well!!).

Im thinking of getting a replacement one. Unless someone from this brilliant forum says otherwise? I agree its not a sef defence tool like a SFL4 but its damm good to find your way around the house in a black out, you can use it like a pen a pop it between your ears!! No need for headstraps!

Have I enlightend people? I dont know, please let me know. Thanks

hardrock42

Newly Enlightened
It is a LED Lenser from Germany, however is there anything wrong with German LEDs? Lol. its a good light, but why does nobody use it? the batterise are readily available either off the net, (quite cheap £1 or just over for 2) or in a good electrical store.

IonFire

Enlightened
Well i kinda like my lights more water resistant then most of what they offer.

I own one of thiers, a V6-6, good enough light, runs long time, stainless.
Poor switch, not at all resistant, machining is passable, but not finished, threads are gritty, and the Exposed LED's attract dirt an corruption like no other i have.

YMMV.

IF

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a good light with significant non-Flashaholic 'Cool!' factor.

Available in many colours (Blue, Orange, Red, etc.) and dazzleing in white.

Good as an EDC, forget about it, sling it in your coat kind of way, but...

For me it just doesn't have the sheer raw Ooomf of other torches...

I think it must be the subconscious realization that spare batteries are not easily obtainable, i.e I don't call ordering off the 'net easy if you are thousands of miles from home.

However very good for Xmas prezzies!

hardrock42

Newly Enlightened
Nyctophiliac said:
....Good as an EDC, forget about it, sling it in your coat kind of way, but...

For me it just doesn't have the sheer raw Ooomf of other torches...

..... I don't call ordering off the 'net easy if you are thousands of miles from home.

However very good for Xmas prezzies!

I see your point, but it is a good EDC. and one of the few decent ones available in the UK. I find it unbeleavable that there are so few UK torch companies. If any! Please, let me know personaly if you find a good, cheap (like the US) UK based site/shop. Thanks

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
hardrock42 said:
a good, cheap (like the US) UK based site/shop.

...Still looking!!!!
Most of the links to UK based sites I have found to be out of service and as for a cheap shop-occaisionally camping shops will have a end of bin bargain or two but it seems that for the latest stuff we will have to rely on internet or paying through the nose as usual.
Maybe, secretly, we in this country like to be outraged at the injustice of it all!
Happy Pancake Day!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is this light:

V16_art.jpg

It uses 2 x BR435 lithium batteries (try to find those!) and is rather weak. Here is a comparison with an Arc-AAA-LE:

ll_aaa_-_v16.jpg

However ... despite the negative points that (almost) all LED Lensers seem to share, this one has someting to offer:

- it seems watertight, at least to a certain extent
- advantages of lithium batteries (except availability)
- it is very very small and slim as well as stylish
- can be worn with any clothes at any occasion , just clips like a desing pen
- nice doctor's light as your patient's won't go blind when shinging it in the eyes

So ... in the end, this is one of the very few LED Lensers I do still like.

bernie