Surefire 9AN Commander--Lanyard Ring??

OverLord1

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if it is possible to add a lanyard ring to the 9AN? I didn't see one listed on the surefire website. I have several surefire lanyards I could use, if only I could find a ring of the appropriate size
help.gif
Perhaps there is an aftermarket source? Thanks for the help!

Ed

CLHC

Flashaholic
Haven't seen a lanyard kit for that SureFire 9N/AN. I'm sure there is some form of "after-market" ring for said light, and if not, then one can be "improvised."

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

OverLord1

Newly Enlightened
CHC said:
Haven't seen a lanyard kit for that SureFire 9N/AN. I'm sure there is some form of "after-market" ring for said light, and if not, then one can be "improvised."

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

I was afraid that would be the answer
mecry.gif
Sure wish I knew a good machine shop that could make one for me. I'm surprised Surefire doesn't offer one. I can't be the first to have inquired about a lanyard ring for this light.

Ed

Shaw

Newly Enlightened
You can actually use the lanyard ring designed to fit between the bezel/head and body of a 6P or other 2-cell light.

The number designation of the lanyard system escapes me right now (it may be the Z34-call surefire and ask), but I've had one on my 9AN for years and it fits perfectly. Just slide off the tailcap o-ring, slide the bezel ring on, replace the o-ring, and you will be gtg.

Hope this helps.

OverLord1

Newly Enlightened
Shaw said:
You can actually use the lanyard ring designed to fit between the bezel/head and body of a 6P or other 2-cell light.

The number designation of the lanyard system escapes me right now (it may be the Z34-call surefire and ask), but I've had one on my 9AN for years and it fits perfectly. Just slide off the tailcap o-ring, slide the bezel ring on, replace the o-ring, and you will be gtg.

Hope this helps.

Shaw,
Thanks for the tip. I called surefire and the person I spoke to claims that the ring for the 6P or their other 2 cell lights would be too small to fit. He said the ring for the 6P is 1" in diameter and the body of the 9AN is bigger than 1". If you've successfully used one I'll give it a try and see what happens. Is it a tight fit or does it easily fit over the threads? Thanks.

Ed

CLHC

Flashaholic
Shaw mentioned that the lanyard ring he's using "fits between the bezel/head of a 6P," when normally it should be on the tail end of said light. Just looked over mine from the SF.M2 and SF.M3, and no sir—it does not fit. But there has to be something out there.

—Enjoy!

greenLED

Flashaholic
This is how I attach a lanyard to lights that don't have an attachment point for a clip, etc.

lnydongl37si.jpg

OverLord1

Newly Enlightened
Size15's,

Thanks! I knew there had to be a solution. I'm calling Surefire and asking about the Z12 lanyard ring.

Ed

Shaw

Newly Enlightened
Size 15's:

Yep, that's the one. I knew it was out there. I took a look last night at the box of my older 9AN and that designation is actually listed on the side of the box along with a bunch of other accessories.

Good luck in your search, OverLord.

Shaw