MAG-LED pre-order

not2bright

Enlightened
I hope this isn't a repeat post, I searched and couldn't find any info similar in the past month.

While looking for a place to buy a 3C Mag I stumbled across the following:

http://www.action-lights.com/flashlights/maglite/

Listed at the top of the Mag products page are the MAG-LED products with pricing, available for pre-order. Are there any other dealers doing the same?

BTW, the 3 cell upgrade module for $17.14 seems justifiable.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing your find. As I had expected it looks like the Mag LED items are going to be discounted right out of the gate. That's really good to hear. I don't doubt that other e-tail sites will be doing the same as the release date for the MAG LED products gets closer.

BamZipPow

Newly Enlightened
If there was some specs or some hands on...I'd be game. This isn't something I'd buy without some physical testing... ;)

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
not2bright wrote: "I stumbled across the following:
http://www.action-lights.com/flashlights/maglite/
Listed at the top of the Mag products page are the MAG-LED products with pricing, available for pre-order. "

Many thanks for the heads up.

The pricing of their regular non-LED MagLites seem very competitive -
in the order of WalMart and Target type pricing.

But shipping is always going to kill you -
even though theirs look fairly reasonable.

So like others I'll wait until the LED Mags arrive in my local stores.....
because I don't think there's going be much of a lag/delay vs. early pre-orders for a significant release from a big name like MagLite.

However I appreciate the link and useful site.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
While some of the web sites are a bit outrageous with their shipping rates (like $12 to send a light bulb), many of the sites that people think have kinda high rates are actually pretty reasonable. I think that some people forget to look at the rate charts of the package carriers and may have forgotten that in addition to the rates on the rate charts, some of these carriers also have fuel surcharges in place and also additional charges for residential deliveries.

Insofar as shipping a MAG ... I'm with you. There's no reason not to wait until they are available locally. It's not as if most people U.S. don't have some sort of retail outlet that sells Mag products near them. :)

UnknownVT said:
But shipping is always going to kill you -
even though theirs look fairly reasonable.

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
I'd buy it after someone here gets one and does some testing. I still don't like how MAG tries to put everyone out of business with their vague patent holdings, hell, I'm sure everything they've done has been done by someelse before, they just didn't have the same lawyers MAG has... ^_^

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based upon your feelings, it sounds as if you should be boycotting them entirely, not waiting for someone else to test MAGs products out for you. For some reason I get the impression, based upon some of the postings that I see on this site, that some people think that MAG is some sort of big corporation or something. (MAG Instruments is a privately held company that is less than a thousand people.)

Insofar as protecting intellectual property, you should be aware that a company that does not exercise due diligence in protecting their IP can end up losing their rights to it. And that does include pursuing available legal avenues whether they are inspired to do so or not.

Inferno said:
I'd buy it after someone here gets one and does some testing. I still don't like how MAG tries to put everyone out of business with their vague patent holdings, hell, I'm sure everything they've done has been done by someelse before, they just didn't have the same lawyers MAG has... ^_^

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
still the question:

Why the hell is it not possible to post any LED-infos on the site?
There surely is/was that illustration (the one that has been done by cellular-photo)
+ it has no been WEEK I got a direct mail answer by an employee that the info will soon be put in the HP

Without any info buying them makes no real sense (except for collectors maybe. Your grandgrandgrandchilds will remember You) ;)

Donovan

Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
BFor some reason I get the impression, based upon some of the postings that I see on this site, that some people think that MAG is some sort of big corporation or something. (MAG Instruments is a privately held company that is less than a thousand people.) Insofar as protecting intellectual property, you should be aware that a company that does not exercise due diligence in protecting their IP can end up losing their rights to it. And that does include pursuing available legal avenues whether they are inspired to do so or not.
Ok, gotta call up some truth on this subject!

It doesn't really matter how many people they employ, they ACT like a big corporation. Maybe because 3/4 of those 1000 people are lawyers?!?!?!? (just joking but who knows?)
Protecting so called "intellectual" property and abusing the patent and legal system in order to drive other American companies out of business are two entirely different things! I have no problem with any company protecting it's trademarks and patents, I do have a problem with any company who abuses this right!

And just because a LOT of people don't like the way the company is run (lawyers first) doesn't mean they hate their products...

Last edited:

not2bright

Enlightened
The reason I started this thread was to provide a link to a seller that has pricing listed, not to debate the pro/con of the Mag corporation. :rant:

If others find information regarding pricing or availability on these products, please post it here.