Lost a 2 stage QIII tail section in the mail.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had traded someone QIII tail sections, my 2 stage for his new momentary on clicky, and somehow, mine never arived at his location. In fairness I sent his back to him. . . . . . Now I have a QIII, with 20mm reflector, UCL lens, Q binned 3 watt LED, . . . .and no way to use it.

Let this be a lesson. Be sure to get insurance. Don't be a moron like me.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll send a prayer for it tonight, or light a candle to the Patron Saint of Lost Mail. I don't know what I'd do without mine...

*Thnx Milky*

onthebeam

Enlightened
Orion said:
I had traded someone QIII tail sections, my 2 stage for his new momentary on clicky, and somehow, mine never arived at his location. In fairness I sent his back to him. . . . . . Now I have a QIII, with 20mm reflector, UCL lens, Q binned 3 watt LED, . . . .and no way to use it.

I have an excellent Q3 Two Stage if you are interested, just PM me.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how I might go about finding another tail cap for my Q-III?

Bozzlite

Enlightened
Just curious Orion. Where did you get your original 2 stage clickie? Did it come with the Q3 when you bought it?

Onthebeam, I might be interested in that 2 stage switch if Orion doesn't want it. Uh, thing is.....it has to be the green body to match. Prolly no such luck. But let me know if it is.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
But wait a minute......is the switch removable from the tail cap body. Of course it is. Right? How do you take out the old one and put in the new one?

Razor

Newly Enlightened
The innards of the tail cap sure do come out. The trick is to find a fairly small size of needle-nose pliers, opening them just big enough that they slide down the walls of the cap, and mate them into the two opposing recesses in the clear plastic spring retainer. After that, simply start unscrewing and the entire clear plastic thing comes out. From here, gently push and nudge the rubber clickie (from the outside, as if you were trying to turn the light on) and it will in turn push it's innards out. There was an extremely detailed - and pic extensive - post about how to install a 2-stage switch. I can no longer find it, giving it up for lost to the hands of time, but I do remember the post's name being along the lines of "pimping out your qIII with a 2-stage".
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=83416

Last edited:

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2 stage switch was modded by one of the members of this forum, . . . . . embarassingly enough, I can't remember who it was.

The offer from onthebeam was for an entire light, not just the tail cap.

I'm still looking. Although I hope that the lost tail cap turns up at one of the locations printed on the envelope (that being mine and his).

If I'm completely out of luck on another tail cap, or mine being found, . . . the only other choice would be a gutted body of an Arc LS or similar that I could work the electronics of the Q-III into.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Orion,

Take a look HERE.

NUWAI Q-III
-Head Bezel 5$
-Reflector 5$
-Plastic Retain Ring 1$ <- old version body does not have this.
-Aluminum Ring 1$
-Driver Circuit 5$
-Copper contact ring 1$
-Body with clip 7$
-Tail Cap Body 3$
-Contact Spring 2$
-Rubber switch cap 1$
-Switch Module 5$
-Keydex Dual Holster 20$

PLUS, Registered air mail : 5$ to worldwide

I have had several positive dealings with LITEmania.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the information, Niteowl!

Anyone else? Anyone have another body the workings may work in?

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orion said:

USPS insurance for a cheap <$20 item is really not worth it. You have to fill out 10 minutes of forms then waite *Months* to get your money back.

Mac

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sad thing is, I shipped it Certified Mail. . . . . but the number I have (as I was told by the USPS people) is useless unless it gets delivered. :rolleyes:

You're probably right about the "insurance" taking a long time to get your money back.

Anyway, I'm still looking for whatever. Any empty body and head that I can squeeze the workings of this Q-III into would be helpful. Clicky, twisty, . . . whatever.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a new post in the Wanting To Buy section of the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

I hope someone can help.