Another PayPal question... sorry.... **ANSWERED THANKS CPF!!**

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have a basic account, so I cant receive CC PP. But If I decide to sell something for cash PP, Will the payment I receive via cash PP go straight into my checking, or will it remain in my paypal account (without even touching my checking)??

I have never sold anything with paypal. I dont wanna screw with my checking account....

Thanks!

Last edited:

ibcj

Enlightened
Re: Another PayPal question... sorry....

It goes into your Paypal balance. You have to transfer it to your checking account.

ibcj

Enlightened
Re: Another PayPal question... sorry....

Does this mean that you are going to be selling some of the amazing lights you have ?

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
I have a basic account, so I cant receive CC PP. But If I decide to sell something for cash PP, Will the payment I receive via cash PP go straight into my checking, or will it remain in my paypal account (without even touching my checking)??

I have never sold anything with paypal. I dont wanna screw with my checking account....

Thanks!

Albeit I have full PP facilities, monies are never transferred from PP to my Cheque account unless I physically do it via internet, through PP.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
So say I have a PP balance of $100 in my account, the next time I send money will it automatically take it from my balance??? Or my checking??

ibcj

Enlightened
Correct ! It will first take it from your PP account balance. If the object you are buying is say $120, it will give you the option of where to take the other $20 from - CC or checking account.

Lookout, PSM is figuring out PP.....gonna be some buying and selling going on now ! :lolsign:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
nystrpr said:
Correct ! It will first take it from your PP account balance. If the object you are buying is say $120, it will give you the option of where to take the other $20 from - CC or checking account.

Lookout, PSM is figuring out PP.....gonna be some buying and selling going on now ! :lolsign:

Thanks dude, youre collection is just as good as mine!!

Lightmeup

Enlightened
PSM, you need to understand that if you have an ebay auction and offer paypal as a payment option for your buyers, you have implicitly agreed to accept credit card type paypal payments, even if you only have a personal account. Paypal will ask you to upgrade your account to premier or business level. If you do not do so, you risk having the auction cancelled, and ebay will still charge you the auction fees. Also, it is not wise to keep large sums of money in your paypal account, because if a buyer files a complaint against you (for example, claiming not to have received the item, or claiming that the item was "not as described" in your listing, or damaged), paypal will freeze funds in your account that the buyer has paid to you, and if you lose the complaint, those funds will be given to the buyer. You really don't have any control of the funds in this case. Be careful.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
And if you do upgrade your account so you can accpet CC, they will charge you a fee on ANY monies coming in, CC or not.

You gotta get another account then and keep it personal to recieve non-cc without fees.

That's what I ran into. Drove me nuts.