Surefire FM35 filter on a 6P

garrett19

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I am a new member, but I have browsed here for a year or two. I have always been a flashlight fan, but I recently bought my first, higher end flashlight. I have a Surefire G2 and a 6P. I bought them because their parts are interchangable and I can get parts more readily overseas than I can other models. One of my questions about the light is how effective are the filters that are available from surefire? I am bidding on one on ebay, as I need one for the field, and I am curious as to how effective they are.

Thanks,

Garrett

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

The SureFire BeamFilters are coated tempered glass and filter out the rest of the spectrum so that you're left only with red or blue or IR light. There is no beam filter that allows more of the red or blue or ir light through whilst at the same time blocking everything else you don't want.

The BeamFilters can be rather tight on the G2/G2Z bezels because they are ever so slightly wider diameter.

Here are some photos that may be useful:

P200.jpg

P282.JPG

P283.JPG

P284.JPG

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
garrett19,
I think you will be pleased with the quality of SF filters. IMO, their FMxx series are some of the highest quality filters out there. :)

garrett19

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I lost the auction, but I will try again. I definately need to get one, though. The pics are great. I am looking forward to contributing to this forum, thanks again!

Garrett