New smallest ever light? Its a Micronlite

BVH

Flashaholic
I have one of the air battery ultra-small Firefli's that Jon Burly was/is selling. I thought that was the smallest flashlight around. I have a good friend of 30 years whom I've given a Mag74, a Thor 10MCP and a 5 mW green laser pointer. While I would not consider him to be a Flashaholic, he does highly appreciate the high performance customs and storeboughts I show him from time to time. I had a 53rd BDay party last night at my sisters and "Bill" was invited. He brought me a present, which I didn't expect. I slowly opened it to see a small jewelery type box. I opened the box and it took me a moment, but I realized - its a flashlight charm! NO!!, wait a minute.....Low and behold, it's a working flashlight - 1/4" reflector and all, that he made in a couple of hours that day. Take a look at the pics. Specs:

Length - 15/16" (could have been as small as 1/2" to 5/8") (Firefli is 1 7/16")
Diameter - 1/4" (same as Firefli)
1 grain of wheat lamp
momentary pushbutton switch
2 coin cell batteries
Runtime - unknown
lumens - probably less than 1

Anybody have anything smaller that works?

Micro10.jpg
[/IMG]

Micro1.jpg
[/IMG]
Micro4.jpg
[/IMG]
Micro5.jpg
[/IMG]
Micro7.jpg
[/IMG]
Micro6.jpg
[/IMG]
Micro8.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow, that is incredible, both the flashlight itself and the thoughtfulness and affection that must have gone into making it for you. What a lucky guy you are.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a special special light! It is something to treasure and cherish. What a thoughtful gift.

Congratulations on your 53rd birthday!

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
Happy Birthday BVH !!!
What an incredible light you received, a right on gift!
Jay

greenLED

Flashaholic
That's a really special gift from your friend.

Since you asked, I think the smallest light I've seen was a Luxeon transplant LED_ASAP did. IIRC, it was a Lux attached (somehow) on top of a tiny batt and not much else.