Disapointed with nite ize led for the C/D cell mags

ANW

Newly Enlightened
I was in Target over the weekend to checkout what flashlight specials they had, bought a few lights and then spoted a LED bulb for D/C maglights so l bought one, boy what a disapointment in light output, anyone even thinking of buying one save your $10 toward something else.

dragoman

Enlightened
I may be in the minority but I am happy with it.

Read the package - its not for brightness. Nite-Ize specifically says to use the bulb when the batteries are not bright enough to power the incandescent bulb.

Quickbeam's review shows less than 8% drop in brightness after 24 hrs.

I tried this out last night in my 4D mag, I was easily able to use it to walk around a dark yard and see everything I needed. Inside a dark house it will be even more useful.

This is a great alternative to a Lightwave 3000/4000 that can be used with a standard mag.

I like it, think it is excellent for what it is meant for.

dragoman

Empath

Flashaholic
I don't think it's intended as a permanent replacement, or to be used "instead of the incandescent lamp". You put it into the tailcap to use if your bulb blows, or like dragonman said, when your batteries get too low.

Think of it like the doughnut type spare tire in your car. You can use it to find your way to the hardware store for a new lamp, but you wouldn't want to drive on it all the time. :rolleyes: