Show us your ride!!!

Donovan

Enlightened
Show us your ride! Post pics of your current and or past cars that you own/have owned and what you love about them!

Please keep comments respectful, as this isn't a my ride is better than yours thread.. It's all about car love and appreciation!

So If I may start
Here is what probably is the perfect car for me: 1997 BMW M3 coupe Lux edition in Boston Green with Modena interior!

I had always wanted an M3 (after reading about them in Car and Driver for years) but I though I would never be able to afford one. Well, When I went to sell my 96 VW GTI VR6 (I really loved that car as well), I happened upon this very low mileage M3 (20k) that was about the same price of a new GTI, so I went ahead and got it! It fits me very well as it has very high performance but it's not very flashy. The low key boston green, the lack of wings etc. make it kinda stealthy. Sure I would love to have some of the gadgets found in new cars and of course more HP but most of the time I'm glad it doesn't (keeps me out of too much trouble!).

mym3c.jpg

M3_engine.jpg

m3-interior-front.jpg

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
No self-respecting flashaholic should be without one of these:

First prize winner in the Parent's Category of our Cub Scout group. :nana:

Some day (in black):

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
My '95 Nissan Maxima

car1.JPG

And dont forget the Dream Theater name and Majesty logo beneathe that. \m/ Also the XM antenna on top of it all(which I am pissed as they just got rid of my favorite channel the other day, XM51 Music Lab which featured Dream Theater fairly often)
car2.JPG

-Cameron

Donovan

Enlightened
My previous car 1996 VW GTI VR6. I tried to keep it clean most of the time. It was probably kept cleaner than my current car (why is that? Oh yeah, I was single!).

I have always loved V-Dubs...
Un-pimp your ride yo! lol
GTI.jpg

GTI_interior2.jpg

GTI_engine.jpg

Razor

Newly Enlightened
Very nice, Donovan. For an E36 chassis that thing looks clean enough to eat off of. Everything in every shot looks emmaculate. Looks like you and the previous owner took good care of it.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Donovan, your M3 is sweet. Nice catch. That baby looks perfect!
I always wanted an M3 and still do.......

No pics yet, but I just sold my 2002 Acura TL Type-S and picked up a 2005 BMW X3. I love Bimmers!

:thumbsup: WP

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Truckwithboxes2.jpg

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins/Auto. About 30K miles gone by since I got it. 19.347MPG avg for those miles.

Rarely looks this good!!!!

I really like the rams. What do you think about the new ram?

-David

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Couldn't stand the pic in my initial post. Here's a slightly better one taken right after a wash.

Geoff

Civic1.jpg

Last edited:

Bob_G

Enlightened
Donovan,

Thanks, clean and classy is what I was going for :) It looks a little different now - has FormulaONE Ultimate window tint all around, and all the emblems and tags are off except for the trunk (it's pegged on.)

The wheels are SSR Integrals - at 16x7 with 205/45 tires, they were 3oz lighter (including tire) than the stock 15x6 with 195/55 which I thought was pretty cool :) It also has matching light gray and black Recarro seats, if that counts in the looks department. And of course, Cibie 80/100 headlight bulbs :D

wheel_011.jpg

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any pics right now!! I'm gonna have to wait until it's dark-ish, so I can get some sweet sunset pics and then some dark pics of my LED tails and CHMSL..

tdurand

Enlightened
bobisculous-
DT rocks. :rock:
Huge fan here.

Under A Glass Moon, one of the best guitar solos ever.

"Lick my a55 and ba77s" (DT inside joke)

T

Donovan

Enlightened
I have the formulaone (legal) tint on the M3 as well, still looks exactly the same as when I had it done a few years ago, no turning purple!
I love those wheels!!!

I too like Dream Theater, although I haven't kept up with them lately (really loved Change of Seasons). Always liked Maxima's, my best friend had one for years. Nissan makes a sweet V6!

PhotonWrangler - um.... I prefer Bryan to OM, it's a southern thing! lol

Flying Turtle - Wash that thing up and take some pics in the sun! Is that the newest body style?

Ram with a cummins is gonna last a LONG time! Looking forward to the new low sulfer diesel fuels. Hopefully then we sill start to see more diesels for sale...

-----------------------
When to the international auto show here in Atlanta yesterday... Lots of sweet new vehicles for sale, as oddTodd would say, too bad I have no mon-ay! (drinking my Coff-ay right now). One thing I noticed were a LOT of older classic cars. There was one company called Year One had a brand new 1969 Camaro SS convertible. Yes, brand new! They created a new all steel body then built it up with all new parts, actually better than new. They have an upgraded frame, modern suspension and brakes etc. but it looks completely authentic! Sells for about 80k... Sweeeeeet car! There were also a lot of custom designs like Foose Mustangs and Dodge Chargers (that man is a genious!). My favorites of the show were Audi's, they have some of the nicest interiors of any car there. As far as exterior, hard to beat the beauty of an Aston Martin! Gorgeous!
-----------------------

Ok, it's Saturday, go out and wash/wax your car and take some pics!!!!
Be sure to include what you love about your vehicle!

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my 1997 Maxima with 203,000 on the clock. This is the best car I have ever owned and I hope to have it forever.
ph100391yi.jpg

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Truckwithboxes2.jpg

2003 Ram 2500 Cummins/Auto. About 30K miles gone by since I got it. 19.347MPG avg for those miles.

Rarely looks this good!!!!

Ahhh, the good ol' Dodge Cummings TD. Man! I would LOVE to have one of those.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you wanna see a sweet ram, you gotta check out the ram power wagon. It is cool.

-David