5W 125 Lumens on 2 CR123s

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is an interesting looking line of lights. Never seen them or heard of them before your post. They seem to have a very limited dealer network. None of the usual ones familiar to most of us.

Also, 125 lumens is a very bold claim. That's more than the SF L4,L5,L6,L7 or U2.

Always like to learn more. At over $150, it's past the area of take a shot experimentation for me.

Mark

TonyBPD

Enlightened
That review is on the incan Operative. I picked up one of those when they first came out. Horrible light. Maybe they have improved them though.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I just added that for reference (I should have said so... :ohgeez:)
It was nothing more than some beamshots anyway, but it was all I found when searching CPF reviews. The purpose of a pass-around would be to generate a review of the LED version. If you have already owned an incan version and didn't like it, then I'm less likely to try to set up an LED pass-around.

TonyBPD said:
That review is on the incan Operative. I picked up one of those when they first came out. Horrible light. Maybe they have improved them though.

TonyBPD

Enlightened
I purchased the light at a Police Expo and the Laser Devices Rep. talked a great game. The typical, we are 10x better than Surefire blah blah blah. Needless to say I emailed him about the tests I ran on the light and how much I disliked it. He never wrote me back.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum_the_nation said:
125 lumens on 2 123s...

Don't expect the actual runtime to be greater than 1.5 hours...

They claim only 45 minutes on the website. If that is a little optimistic as well, runtime would not be very good.

Here is a direct link to the light in question. Operative OV-1 LED

Mark

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed the 45 minute runtime as well. ".75 hours" Ha-ha... Hopefully it has or is capable of 2 stages. At half power is would (supposedly) put out around 60-ish lumens for much longer than an hour.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
there was a review on another forums on the operator (cant find it).... it was quite impressive, it pretty much owned the surefire L4.

-David

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
I found the review on the other forum, but I don't think that it is permitted here to post a link to a thread on another forum. Is it???

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
Big Bob said:
I found the review on the other forum, but I don't think that it is permitted here to post a link to a thread on another forum. Is it???

If it is, post it please! If not, please send me a private message.

cheers

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big Bob said:

Why not? Post away. I can't find a review of this light.

Illum

Flashaholic
Flash_Gordon said:
They claim only 45 minutes on the website. If that is a little optimistic as well, runtime would not be very good.

Here is a direct link to the light in question. Operative OV-1 LED

Mark

Well....this three year warranty bothers me....if Lumileds says it will run 100,000 hours and will last a lifetime, why use a warranty? unless what if its NOT using LUMILED'S LUXEON products?

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys, the review that I found was for the OP-6 LED which is also a 6-volt Laser Devices 5-watt LED light producing 125 lumens. In fact, the specs for the OV-1 LED appear to be essentally identical to those of the OP-6 LED. Possibly just a repackaging job by Laser Devices? In any event, my error and my apologies.