Which HID light would you chose?

iced_theater

Enlightened
Which light would you chose? Mircrofire Warrior K500R or AE Powerlight PL14? Or some other HID that's not huge and has a runtime of at least 90 minutes.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that PTS has dropped the Microfire products, if you buy one you may have a problem with parts in the future. AElight, OTOH, stands behing their lights 100%.

Dawg

Enlightened
dwminer said:
Also you might want to take a look at the AE powerlight Shorty PL24. Same size as the PL14.

http://www.aelight.com/portable/powerlight/pl24_short.htm
Dave
Just a note of enlightenment. Before jumping up in excitement about the shorty version of the AE powerlight. Realize that the shorty is 13 inches long. The full size version is 15.25 inches long. If you really think 2.25 inches is worth $150.00 go for it.

Some pictures have been posted in various places showing a side by side comparison that bias the shorty in a perspective that makes it further away from the camera and has it looking decidedly shorter than it really is. Just a heads up.......Size usually matters. IMHO not in this case.

ianb

Enlightened
The PL-24 shorty does come with an extra battery, diffuser lens, car charger and travel case as part of that $150 price increase over the standard. I have the larger PL-24 and I think 2 inches would make a sizeable ;) difference,
Ian B

Flea Bag

Enlightened
I chose to purchase the PL24 long version over the short one because its runtime was quite a bit more. Better take that into consideration.

faucon

Enlightened
The PL-24 is an excellent choice IMHO. I'm very happy with my PL-14, which for me is plenty bright and meets my needs perfectly. The more limited runtime of the "shorty" is why I haven't seriously considered it.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
iced_theater said:
I'd look very hard at the NexTorch Saint if they hadn't raised the price to $600. I'm looking more at $300 max or so.

WOW, I didn't know the price went up that much.