Good backup light with long runtime

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I keep a AA maglight with 2 AA Energizer lithium batteries in it and a single white LED. This should go over 200 hours before a battery change is necessary. I was surprised at how bright it is for only two batteries. Not as bright as with the three N cells but lasts way longer. I keep this one as a backup light in case the power goes out for a long time and I run down all my brighter lights. Might come in handy sometime. Who knows.

jbechto

Newly Enlightened
You should make up a taplight or lantern. A 4 D cell lantern with 3 or 4 LEDs will give you a runtime around 300 hours or so! I made a triple LED flashlight in a weather resistant flashlight from Pic N Save and it ran nearly 2 weeks nonstop before dimming too much to use.

I also do a single LED taplight with 4 AAs and it runs around 150 hours. Very nice little nightlight for camping or traveling.

John

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I already converted a 4 AA lantern into a single LED lantern. Kind of dim but the kids like to play with it. I have a tap light my wife hangs in the linen closet. I might convert that one some time. Thanks John.