Anyone else spot the Surefire G2 on Nascar?

DigMe

Enlightened
I was watching the race last night and at two different times during montages of video clips they flashed across two different guys who each had a Surefire G2 mounted to the side of his helmet so that the beam would probably point at whatever his head was turned towards. I guess these are pit crew, no?

That's the first time I've ever noticed them. Anyone else see it? One of them was the bright yellow model. Don't remember the color of the other.

bc

redcar

Enlightened
Yes, I did. My flashaholic wife told me to get on CPF and see if anyone else had noticed. She has a G2 of her own and recognized the light the same time I did. First time I have seen the helmet mounted G2's. I have seen some small black hand held lights used by the crews that could have been a 6P or something similar, but never close up enough for me to tell.

Yes, it was the pit crew that I saw wearing them. I did see another color, I thought it was tan, not sure, could have been green.

Mattman

Enlightened
I know I saw a tan one and I thought I saw another one that was a dark color like black or green. I only turn on Nascar when I get the need to see some colorful HDTV, so I just happened to turn it on and several pit crew guys walked by with G2s taped to their helmets - nobody else watching with me thought it was as interesting as I did. :shrug:

83Venture

Enlightened
I noticed the yellow ones on the pit crew helmets, wonder how they are attached? I am going to Dover this Sunday but somehow don't think I will be near enough to the pits to get a good look. :awman:

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I also saw 'em. They were on the tire changers helmets. Since it was a night race, they needed extra light to be able to see the lug nuts, which are kind of "deep" inside the wheel. The track lights aren't bright enough to overcome the shadows created by the tire changer being right in front of the wheel.

Roger

RebelRAM

Enlightened
I definitely saw the yellow ones and black ones. I can't remember which team was wearing them though. I did watch them run through a pit stop and you could see they did have the lights turned on, it was very cool!

As fast as the pit crew guys move on a stop, it's a wonder they don't blind each other as they are moving around the car.

I couldn't see if they had any mounted on their air wrenches.

So anybody think SureFire might be contemplating a NASCAR sponsorship?