the bottom line on mag led....(updated new pics)

bkkd

Newly Enlightened
just went to wallyworld and got the 4 c drop in magled.......

now you got to ask yourself, is this worth it for 19.00 led bulb over the standard incan.........?

yes it is bright at first then does drop off some, but i dont think enuff to be a problem.

i really need a good runtime graph to see how much more your gonna get versus the standard incan bulb.

my 4 c maglite is my work light and it would be nice to have something with great runtime for when i may have to go out on a manhunt in the middle o f the night and not have to worry about flashlight going dead or me dropping it and blowing it out. mebbe with the led it will be alittle tougher...........and yes it is nice to have the ole maglite club feature they are famous for........

a lot of lights put out more light and are smaller, but sometimes you need to be able to conk something if ya know what i mean............

the jury is still out on this one as o f yet for me until i can get outside tonight and see what it does in the dark.

after all i am a flashaholic and i have a problem........................................................................

so bottom line is the magled worth it? chime in lets make it known is it a homerun or a strikeout.................

first is magled second is mag incan.
magled.jpg

new pics are for throw comparison at fifty yards, fifty yards cause its off my shooting bench to my target backstop........the incan seems a little birghter in the pics b ut thats because interestingly enuff the camera wouldnt focus well with the led light, in actual use they were pretty close in brightness. so thats not too bad for a led light...........and it is tough because it rolled off my bench and hit the gravel with no damage. i do prefer the whiter tint of the led too.

first is led
led.jpg

second is the incan

incan.jpg

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: the bottom line on mag led....

Overall I'd say it's a worth while upgrade.

However I say it's a bit on the overpriced side. $19.00 for a IMO rushed designed and cheaply made drop in, is a bit much. Maybe it's the flashaholic in me talking.

It's a good upgrade but there are better ways to spend your money if you're willing to do a little bit of "custom" work.

OpticalSerenity

Newly Enlightened
Re: the bottom line on mag led....

For the average person who thinks mag lights are the best thing on earth, it'll be worth it for them.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
My 3-D mag with an overdriven Daimond Lux I spanks the 3-cell krypton bulb. I expect that the Diamond Lux III would perform slightly better, but last longer than my Lux I due to more reasonable drive current. FlashlightReviews.com concurrs. It demonstrates quite clearly that the Diamonds blow the krypton away. However, in a 4-cell Mag, the Lux III has slightly more output, but slightly less throw. My educated guess based on your pictures and my understanding of the Diamonds courtesy of FLR, the Diamond is qite possibly brighter than the 4-cell MagLED.

Bernie

Amonra

Enlightened
i guess the ultimate test would be to have comparison pics of the magled and the diamond 1W and 3W drop-ins. or have flashlightreviews.com do a review of the magled.