Magled dropins at walmart

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
Went to Walmart today to pick up another dropin and they were not where they used to be. Couldn't find them anywhere. Not even a place on the rack for them to be. Anyone else run into ths?

KEW

Newly Enlightened
Yes, they are selling out quickly. They are very nice for the price. They also have the 2D MagLight that comes with the 3 Watt LED already in it. Seems like it was $25 or $30. If you want them I would buy them when you see them, they don't seem to last long on the shelf.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorkwheeler said:
Went to Walmart today to pick up another dropin and they were not where they used to be. Couldn't find them anywhere. Not even a place on the rack for them to be. Anyone else run into ths?

The Mag Led drop in's ran out at the Torrance, California Walmart about 1 month ago.

They only have around 10, 2 D Mag Led flashlights in stock.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of the MagLED stuff is in the flashlight section here. The whole 2D lights are in an island display and the LED dropins are on the end of another isle. Perhaps Mag thinks their lights are too good to be seen with the other flashlights :rolleyes:

Topper

Flashaholic*
The lights are around 33+ here and no drop ins to be found (at least I was not able to find any.) asked an associate and got a huh? what? So I await the Mini Mag's both the 2 AA and the 3 AA got to see how they do.
Topper :)

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
No signs of them here yet either. Just the 2D lights in silver or black.
I usually stop in after work in the early morning when there's barely any customers and they're bringing out the stock, so I'll at least get first crack at them. :)

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my wallyworld the LED "mods" were with the magazines in the sporting goods section and no place near the flashlight row.

lukus

Enlightened
Ha Ha Ha, first quick glance had me reading this "mangled dolphins". Don't know if it's my eyes or my brain that needs to be checked.

greenLED

Flashaholic
chevrofreak said:
None of the MagLED stuff is in the flashlight section here. The whole 2D lights are in an island display and the LED dropins are on the end of another isle.
I found a pallet-full of 2D MagLED's on an aisle, but the drop-ins (only 4D/C) where right next to the minimags, on their regular spot.

It wasn't hard to fight the urge to get one (~$30+); I'm more interested in the minimagLEDs.

trouble

Newly Enlightened
When are the mini's due to be released? My local store is out of all of them, just looked yesterday. Kind of suprising that they're selling so well, didn't realize that most people even had flashlights. You know the it'll "never happen to me/happen here" attitude of most folks.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
trouble said:
When are the mini's due to be released? My local store is out of all of them, just looked yesterday. Kind of suprising that they're selling so well, didn't realize that most people even had flashlights. You know the it'll "never happen to me/happen here" attitude of most folks.

Around August but there won't be any drop-ins for them.

JimmyB

Enlightened
lukus said:
Ha Ha Ha, first quick glance had me reading this "mangled dolphins". Don't know if it's my eyes or my brain that needs to be checked.

Weird, me too. Maybe we both have "issues?"

JimmyB

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Relatively plenty of 2,3 and 4 cell drop-ins and 2D M*gLEDs at Livingston, TX Walmart.

I picked up a 3 cell. I find (no head-to-head comparison possible - must switch it in the same light) that it's a smidgen brighter and slightly whiter than the Craftsman 1W I stole from a 3AAA. Beam shape is pretty much identical. But I have a diffusing lense on this 3C.

I'm usually broke, but I was using a company check for "office stuff".