Will this work?

dragoman

Enlightened
Hi,

I am currently looking to build a ROP. I was looking on batterystation.com and found some D-size li-ion batteries that are 3.6 volts apiece.

2 of these would give me 7.2 volts, which I figure after resistance and whatnot should drive the Pelican bulb nicely.

Would this work? Would it be better to go with the 6 AA's instead? I'd rather stick with lithium for a flatter discharge, and these particular batteries I am looking at are 9 aH, so it would have a huge runtime.

Thanks,

Heres the website: http://www.batterystation.com/lithium.htm

The batteries I am looking at are the SAFT LS33600.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated, and also if you have a charger recommendation for these batteries that would also be helpful.

Thanks again,

dragoman

PS - would three of these work for a Mag85, also? It comes in at 10.8V, same as my 9AA NIMH's......

Last edited:

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are under the false impression that you'll be able to recharge these. The LS line like the model you mention is a primary (non-rechargeable) lithium setup. At that price it's too expensive for what you want. There are better setups than the one you are choosing.

The rechargeable line model batteries start with code 'MPxxxxx' and 'VLxxxxx'

Better off getting a 6AA to 2D battery holder and running high capacity AA NiMH's.

Jeff

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since those batteries are listed on the lithium battery page I would assume they are lithium primary cells and not lithium ion rechargable, but I could be completely wrong. If they are rechargable, there are a lot of us that are going to be buying some D sized cells very quickly...

schiesz