Is there a whiter bin emitter than UX0K?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going to mod another G&P 3W drop in next week. I've got one sitting here that I've already done that now sports a Lux III UX0K. I've got to say that its the whitest LED I've ever seen - I think. Its' so good I have a hard time telling if my L5 has a ever-so-slight green tint or this UX0K has a ever-so-slight blue tint. I call this UX0K "lightning white" because thats what it reminds me of. Its almost maddening trying to discern. Needless to say I'm very happy. So much so that I'm going to get another light like a G2, C2, (maybe even a 9P if I can ever find out how the output/runtime would be in it ) and make another one.

But now that I'm officially addicted to the best white LEDs, are there any whiter bin emitter than the UX0K?

Last edited:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
.:grin2:.

I think ...UWAJ... is whiter.... when shined on a wall .

This is the reason I say that. See this POST by 4Sevens and look at the beam-shot link , contained within his post.

That's UWOK v/s UWAJ .

:)

Last edited:

vtunderground

Enlightened
When debating "whiteness", something important to be considered is what current the emitter is being driven at.

For example, the whitest emitter I've ever seen was a TW0J underdriven at around 300 mA. Even when compared to incandescant lights, it looked pure white. However, that same emitter driven at 1000 mA has a noticible bluish tint. I tried the same test with a TV1L emitter - at the lower level, it had a very yellow beam, with a slight hint of green. At 1000 Ma, though, it was much whiter... it had a faint green tint, but was still whiter than the overdriven TW0J!

This thread has a very cool chart, showing tint shift as current is adjusted:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=70073