Freeplay Sherpa/tell me about them

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that they are available in the UK but not in the USA, not that I can find at least. Anyone got any info on them and how I might be able to get one???

Empath

Flashaholic
I noticed it contains a non-removable NiMH battery. The infrequent charging it would likely receive would mean it sits there month after month with discharged cells that will likely loose their effectiveness early. Rechargeable does not mean eternal. Even First-Alert rechargeable flashlights permit replacement of their proprietary battery packs.

<edit> Oops! I noticed it does permit recharging from a wall wart transformer. There may be some that would keep it charged up after all. It's non-removable battery pack is still enough for me to bypass it. <edit>

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
not hours of cranking to charge, will run light directly on just a few cranks.

You ever use a surefire to work under the hood of a car. Just hope your not under there long.

This just seems a practical way of having light where and when you may not have many batteries, or want to keep the batteries in your tactical light fresh.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonSidneyB:

This just seems a practical way of having light where and when you may not have many batteries, or want to keep the batteries in your tactical light fresh.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there's always the nightstar!

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the nightstar is 3.3 volts, but then again Im not sure. I kind of like the Sherpa because you can plug it in and charge if you like, when the battery is dead, crank it up. It's the size of a large bar of soap, just right for the glove box. And when you need serious light, draw a Surefire.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn´t knew about this flashlight until now, the concept is appealing, but if it had a Luxeon star, or several leds, then it could have more run time than the several minutes per crank,

Just my 0.02

Alex

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
what- hours of cranking to charge doesn't apeal
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif