I discovered two neat lights at Sears Hardware

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't bought either yet (between StingerHP, PT Impact, and SL 2AA I'm tapped out!) but the 4AA Toollight and a 3D rubber toollight both have pretty easy to click switches, battery indicator leds, and TEXTURED reflectors!!!!

Oh how I ADORE textured reflctors!!!

Just a matter of time until I own both.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Yo Joe!

Couldn't resist the 4AA Tool lite! Great broad even beam due to the textured reflector. Waterproof. Put an HPR53 4V halogen in with NiMH's and wow! I'm impressed. Waiting on a PWM regulator to put in the head. Ordered my Carley #816's today to be potted. Overdriven slightly at 3.8V, I should get a constant 83 lumens for about 2.8 hours on 1800 NiMH AA's. I really like this light for general duty use.

Saw a virtual clone to this light only for 3D at ACE Hardware for $9.95. Same faceted reflector. Might have to take a second look.

Later - John

Monsters_Inc

Banned
eBay off that Impact you're disappointed with and the proceeds can go towards what you REALLY want!
smile.gif

StingerHP eh, finally bit the bullet have we?
wink.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a Radio Shack XPR103 in my 4AA toolight and it's pretty bright. I wonder if it's brighter than the HPR53 halogen? Also, the beam is almost flawless.

Thanks.