Surefire M2 w/ASP Taclite Clickie Switch

D

**DONOTDELETE**

This mod will send the Surefirephiles over the edge.
tongue.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif

Hey, wait a second, I'm one of them, too.
icon15.gif

While thinking of a way to make frequent use of the Legend LX-like M2, I started mixing parts with the only other lithium battery powered Surefire light in my inventory - the 12ZM. No biggie, nothing new.

Then I decided to see if the clickie switch on my beloved Taclite...
grin.gif
, would fit in place of the Lockout Tail Switch of the M2. It does! However, it leaves part of the thread exposed. I simply removed two of the flat rubber grommets from the 12ZM and placed them over the exposed thread and what I get is an arrangement that actually looks like it was designed that way.

I prefer a clickie switch on my tactical light. Surefire's offering is a little large; especially the shroud over the button.

The ASP Taclite product contains a microswitch recessed into the barrel and covered by a replaceable rubber membrane. I've been using the Taclite since 1997 and have become accustomed to using this switch. A subtle push activates the light: press harder and the click activates. It doesn't take much practice to master it.

I've just breathed new life into the M2. Now if I can only remove the hex bezel.
icon15.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
KT,

How about Pictures? Sounds good! I have a solution in the works as well but wanted to keep silent until I could get some parts made and avilable to CPFers. Working in that direction now. This solution will work in both the LOTC and non locking like the G2Z:

kroll-classic.jpg

It's a simple metal sleeve that the Kroll screws into. No modification to Kroll or other parts necessary. The tail cap screws down all the way and seats the sleeve. You loose the Lock-Out feature but the tactile function is good. The seal of the switch cap is also excellent.

- Don

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great mod. I love a clickie switch on the Surefires. I have a E1e with a Kroll switch(Don's mod) and I have a CandlePowerForums G2 with a stock Kroll switch. I wrapped a cheap keyring around the body of the switch so it contacts the switch spring. I posted it a couple of weeks ago but nobody noticied. Not as fancy as Don's mod but I've been carrying and using it and it works fine. One of these days I'll find a washer for it.
wink.gif

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000742# 000000

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by .:
.....I prefer a clickie switch on my tactical light....I've been using the Taclite since 1997 and have become accustomed to using this switch.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">KT,

I've gotten used to the ASP clickie, which I love but only on the ASP. For some reason I've never wanted to retroclickie my Surefires.

BTW, I've been EDC'ing my TACM III more often , and as you once said, its lighter weight and smaller size really make a difference. Of coursew it's nowhere near the quality of the Taclite, but I'm getting used to it .

I have a clickie for the TACM which I decided not to use. If you want it it's yours, just let me know.

Brightnorm

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Wolfen,

I must confess, I did see your post and it spurred me on to take this thing off the back burner. I admit to being a lurker in that case and not a poster. It felt wrong to post a "yeah, me too" so I kept silent. My bad. Too many directions and not enough time. I think the key thing here is that many of us want clickie!! I would guess that our desires are being heard but we want it now!
grin.gif
I think for us modders, the Kroll switch is a useful part that we can't easily replicate. Unfortunately, it is butt ugly and I have been working, when time permits, on a few ways to use but hide the switch mechanisim within the body of the light.

- Don

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
About six months ago an accident with a sharp implement fueled this need for clickie switches on my Surefires. I was closing a ColdSteel Tanto Voyager and my left hand slipped. The tip of the blade went about a half inch into my palm, missed arteries and veins but clipped a nerve. I lost the feeling on a patch of my left index finger, I found that the only thing it affected was my Surefire finger roll, you know the move you make for constant on.
wink.gif