XX1S WHAT MA. IS SPEC?

big beam

Enlightened
I was lucky to get 2- XX1S stars from AW.THANKS AW.I have a nuwai 352L light that I was going to put one of these little gems in.I measured the driver at the led and got [email protected] would like this light to be (all that it can be so to speak).My question is what is the max ma. a lux V should be run at?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
for the love of God don't put them in Nuwais. it couldn't do justice to the rarity of these things. From what I have seen these Nuwais are poorly heatsinked and will destroy you rare x-bin prematurely. The Lux Vs are bin at 700 mAh if I remmeber correctly and it will be cooked in the Nuwais.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Yes, 700mA is correct for lux v, but that doesnt mean you have to run it that high. Please do not run something as rare as your led at 700mA without adequate heat sinking. These 5 watters put out a lot of heat and i would hate for you to kill it. marc

big beam

Enlightened
Hi 270
It has a large slug of al that the star is mounted on and another piece of al that clamps that slug in place.I have run this thing untill batts are dead and it doesn't get that hot.With the reflector it has it is a nice beam with no donut hole.I just thought it would be a good host for modding.BUT I am open to suggestions PLEASE.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
big beam said:
Hi 270
It has a large slug of al that the star is mounted on and another piece of al that clamps that slug in place.I have run this thing untill batts are dead and it doesn't get that hot.With the reflector it has it is a nice beam with no donut hole.I just thought it would be a good host for modding.BUT I am open to suggestions PLEASE.

A lux-v light that doesn't get hot at 520mAh is a scary light!!! Imagine a Lux-III light running at 1000 mAH that's the power the thing is running...

I bought a KL4 from Surefire to mount the XX1S on. It's not that much from Tacticalsupply or lighthound and it's designed with the LuxV in mind. or go for the KL5 will give you an awsome beam that throws a huge wad of light(I was gonna do that but I already have a HD45 for that task)

You can also use a MAglite, a D-heatsink, and a board from Sandwiche shop for a lumen cannon, running on rechargable AAs.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
for the love of God don't put them in Nuwais. it couldn't do justice to the rarity of these things. From what I have seen these Nuwais are poorly heatsinked and will destroy you rare x-bin prematurely. The Lux Vs are bin at 700 mAh if I remmeber correctly and it will be cooked in the Nuwais.
lmao.... i love how all the CPF members are cringing at the thought of an X-bin being used in a sub-par light :D

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Guys and gals, I dont know about you, but my U2 AND my L4 spanks my HD45 XX1T and my TnC XXOS? In other words, I think X-bins are already in there!

So you may be taking a lateral step instead of a step up....

big beam

Enlightened
I'm back had to eat

I have put W bins in other lights (nuwai 654 4 C cell)and I like it a lot.When I say it doesn't get that hot I mean 120F or so.

I have an L4 but it's for work and it's plenty bright for that.

I also have a 3C from FM I could use but I was going to make a hotwire out of that.three of AW lion C cells and an 1166 lamp.

I was thinking of asking Incarnus( or should I say begging) to build something from a 2D mag.

SOME SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
DON

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
Guys and gals, I dont know about you, but my U2 AND my L4 spanks my HD45 XX1T and my TnC XXOS? In other words, I think X-bins are already in there!

So you may be taking a lateral step instead of a step up....

I've had extensive discussions with surefire reps, and the consensuses is they put in what they get sent. Then its a pass fail test, either it meets specs or it doesn't.

Suggestions:

Mod a mag, put it in a tower module, get a modder to make a super bright pocket light...

Personally I've been dreaming of a X-bin orbraw....

big beam

Enlightened
TRITIUM it's a XX1S and i'm not sure what I'll do with the other star.

New U2's can't use 18650's and I'm not happy with QC of them.

Tritium

Enlightened
big beam said:
TRITIUM it's a XX1S and i'm not sure what I'll do with the other star.

New U2's can't use 18650's and I'm not happy with QC of them.

Either way my offer stands.

Thurmond