is anything brighter than this?

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Brinkmann Maxfire flashlight some months ago, and to me, it's been the best light I ever owned. It is brighter, way brighter than any other light I've come across under $200. Is there a substantially brighter tactical light available for under a $100???

Nope, the Surefire G2 doesn't cut it! The Brinkmann looks brighter than any I've seen, perhaps because it is incandescent.

Does anyone know about the Wolf Eyes series from Pacific Tactical Solutions? I am told that they are the brightest.

Rusty Joe.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
s15001gq2.jpg
for $30 - 40 at costco

or a slightly smaller but very bright light Princeton tech surge for about $20
496016dvt1.jpg

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
How big can you go? It'll be hard finding a substantially brighter light unless you go to 3xCR123As (or seriously cut down on runtime, ala SF G2 w/P61). The Wolfeyes 3xCR123A or Streamlight TL3 are under $100 and very bright. Not sure about the Wolfeyes one but the SL can be used with 2 17500 rechargable lithium ion cells. Or you could go with a Stinger (or Strion, but brightness isn't much different than your Brinkman) for about $100 and it's rechargable.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Joe:)

Welcome at CPF:grin2:

I'm glad, that you are happy with your Maxfire. But there are some other lights, which are brighter than the Brinkmann.

You asked about the WE, yes, this one is more than 2 times brighter in overall output:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/wolf_m90x.htm

Also a few others. Take a look to the other lights, tested in FLR.
Here are some more helpfull links:

WWW.LEDMUSEUM.ORG * THE LED MUSEUM - Reviews of LEDs & LED Flashlights - Gallium Indium Nitride UV, violet, purple, blue, aqua, turquoise, green, white. Also Gallium Arsenide and others. New LED MUSEUM! GaN, InGaN, SiC, GaAs, GaP, GaAlP, ZnSe, LED flashlight, LED flashlights. Formerly For The Love of LEDs

Zaklamp test

Best regards

_____
Tom

Rusty Joe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks,

it's just that I've been to the tactical gear store here in San Antonio and the difference in the 70 to 90 dollar range in LEDs was not any better than the Brinkmann. I love the brighter looking come-off of an incandescent. Even looking at the FLR site, the higher dollar models don't have that much more output than this little thing. Funny how that is.

I was considering the Wolf Eyes or the Wolf Eyes Rattlesnake, which show much higher on the brightness scale.

I work security on graveyard shifts and watch a big yard and a large building. I need a good corona and a long distance beam, but the light must be tactical in size, something that can fit in a pocket. The Maxfire is great, but I'm always willing to step up in quality, even if it costs me a little more.

I started out with Maglites. I'll never go back to them again!

Rusty Joe.

greenLED

Flashaholic
RustyJoe, pretty much any decent incan light running off 3x123 will be brighter than the Brinkmann Maxfire. I'm a huge fan of Pila lights - the GL3 being my favorite. You should consider them as they are not overly expensive, they're great quality, and have lots of options (run on rechargeable li-ions, LED tailcaps, etc.)

Incidentally, the old-style Pila and the WE lights were basically the same. Pila has recently upgraded their lines, and are not brighter.

carrot

Flashaholic
For a measly $50 from Amazon.com you can get a Streamlight TL-3, which uses 3x123 and is definitely more powerful than the Brinkmann.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
Planterz said:
The Wolfeyes 3xCR123A or Streamlight TL3 are under $100 and very bright. Not sure about the Wolfeyes one but the SL can be used with 2 17500 rechargable lithium ion cells.

the WolfEyes (and Pilas) can use li-ons. their whole range of incans are designed around the ability to use li-ons =)

Illum

Flashaholic
Brighter than Maxfire LX is about 100 more lights

If the Surefire grade lights within the field range is insufficient to meet your needs....

Pacific tactical Solutions is probably the brightest "reviewed" lights. but it really depends on your price range.

by the way....WELCOME TO CPF! :wave:

There are hotwire mods to take you way beyond 65 lumens...but since personally I am not a modder, I can't really tell you much...:ohgeez:

Any thoughts for a 3 123A light? say something near that of a 9P?
cabelas made clones of the 6P, 9P and even made a 12P from the design of Surefire
heres the link:grin2:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...lashlight&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=4958&trueNum=44

Good luck, and enjoy :wave:

regards..

MSI

Enlightened
It depends on what brighter means to you, longer throwing or more total output? Streamlight Strion is my favourite light in the 2xCR123 size category, Streamlight TL-3 with H1499 bulb running on two 17500 cells is probably the brightest small light you can get.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rusty Joe said:
Thanks folks,

it's just that I've been to the tactical gear store here in San Antonio and the difference in the 70 to 90 dollar range in LEDs was not any better than the Brinkmann. I love the brighter looking come-off of an incandescent. Even looking at the FLR site, the higher dollar models don't have that much more output than this little thing. Funny how that is.

I think, you'll need a lot more time to study which lights are avaiable.
So are more than a handfull led-lights, which are much more brighter than the G2.
This is not an actuell model, but ElektoLumens is still cooking.:)

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/elektrolumens_tristar.htm

Take a look to their K2-Stunner. I think you will get a problem, to show us an incan with this brightness and runtime, for the same money.

There are also a lot of nice Led-mods, brighter and with much better throw than the G2. And also for under 100$. Take a look here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/123310

Best regards

___
Tom

spacetroll

Newly Enlightened
MSI said:
Streamlight TL-3 with H1499 bulb running on two 17500 cells is probably the brightest small light you can get.

I have a TL-3, where can I get the bulb/batt setup?

VWTim

Enlightened
I'd also recommend the TL-3, I carry a TL2 and love it. A friend of mine I train with somewhat regularly is a reserve officer with the rural PD, he picked up a TL-3 to replace his Stinger and LOVES it. With 17500's you're set for guilt free light.