How to get more throw out of the SF M6?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any pics of the Photon King you reference? I don't think I have any idea of what it looks like.

Thanks

Curtis

maverick

Enlightened
The M6 puts out an awesome amount of light especially with the HOLA, but I'd like to get even more throw out of it. Are there any turboheads available for the M6 which are larger than the stock 2.5" head? Something like the "Photon King" would be nice, but I know they're just impossible to find! Any suggestions?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
cue003 said:
Any pics of the Photon King you reference? I don't think I have any idea of what it looks like.

Thanks

Curtis

Wow, not sure but on my screen the post above made by me AFTER reading about more throw actually appears FIRST.

Interesting.

Curtis

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
cue003 said:
Wow, not sure but on my screen the post above made by me AFTER reading about more throw actually appears FIRST.

Interesting.

Curtis

Yes Curtis, you must have traveled back in time 3 minutes to do that. That is very impressive. It reads the same on my screen too.:)

Protaeus

Enlightened
get a larger reflector :) something along the lines of 6 inches ought to do the trick. Or you could go to an optics place and get them to make you a fat optic to strap ontop of the M6 :)

BTW, what are you trying to spot?!?!?!? My M4-6 has enough through for all of my needs and Ive used it for spotting people across football fields.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money you would probably need to dish out for a PK or other custom turbohead, maybe you guys should go HID for further throw and longer runtime. :)

maverick

Enlightened
Protaeus said:
get a larger reflector :) something along the lines of 6 inches ought to do the trick.

That's essentially what I'm after, but where would I find something like that for sale?

kennyj

Enlightened
A smoother reflector (if you can find one) will also improve throw, at the expense of spill and beam smoothness.

Or you can see about picking up an HID of some sort. HID lights throw farther than incan bulbs.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
maverick said:
Jeff, could you tell me what kind of mod I would need for that?

Fivemega is selling bi-pin MN bulb adapters in the groupbuy section of CPF. He also has a link to where you can get the 5761 bulbs. In the M6, that bulb is pushing over 1300 lumens at the bulb.

COOL!!!!

Jeff

AtomSphere

Enlightened
Protaeus said:
get a larger reflector :) something along the lines of 6 inches ought to do the trick. Or you could go to an optics place and get them to make you a fat optic to strap ontop of the M6 :)

BTW, what are you trying to spot?!?!?!? My M4-6 has enough through for all of my needs and Ive used it for spotting people across football fields.

During my army days, camp patrol with the M4 seems insufficient to spot things at 150meters away. not enough illumination on the object at that distance. Its only good for 100m.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
xpitxbullx said:
He also has a link to where you can get the 5761 bulbs. In the M6, that bulb is pushing over 1300 lumens at the bulb.

COOL!!!!

Jeff

In the spec list of that bulb, it say it is 765 Lumens @ 6 volts. Does the M6 reflector make this bulb brighter or is it because it is driven harder than 6 volts?:)

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
What happens if you fire up the 5671 bulb with the stock battery configuration? Will it blow?

Curtis

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
dizzy said:
In the spec list of that bulb, it say it is 765 Lumens @ 6 volts. Does the M6 reflector make this bulb brighter or is it because it is driven harder than 6 volts?:)

The voltage is overdriving it.

cue003 said:
What happens if you fire up the 5671 bulb with the stock battery configuration? Will it blow?

Curtis

I am using the stock configuration. The voltage sags to about 7.2V and no it hasn't insta-flashed mine yet.

Jeff