Is the Fenix P1 too short to hold comfortably?

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can only get about 3 fingers of grip on mine. Adding a lanard or attaching it to a keychain would fix any grip problems.

lightwolf

Newly Enlightened
The splendid Fenix P1 can be used perfectly with one hand.
The body is very long in proportion to the head. So one can hold the body comfortably with middle finger and ring finger.

mafeya

Newly Enlightened
not really for me as illustrated below:

Held with thumb and index finger
2001453740571855620_rs.jpg

Held with thumb, index and middle finger
2001458366412729696_rs.jpg

Held with the hand (with the help of the clip ofcourse)
2001419540170487995_rs.jpg

boy...that p1 does look sexy. get it now if you were doubtfull at first.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO my P1 is very easy to use with one hand. Some peopld have asked about a clickie or push-button tailswitch for it, but unless it made the light at least an inch longer, that would be more awkward than the current twistie configuration, which I love.

-Keith

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix P1 is Amazing.......What a great deal for the price... It has a nice really bright beam and is "So Small"....
No, it's not as bright as some bigger lights.... BUT it is SO FUN to play with............. And it is "Bright"....

Thehappyman

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The one point of the P1 is size ... you want a small light ... you don't expect it to feel like a big light in your hand :D :D

That said ... the P1 fits well in a hand and can even be turned one with a single hand without real problems.

bernie

europium

Enlightened
Kiessling said:
The one point of the P1 is size ... you want a small light ... you don't expect it to feel like a big light in your hand :D :D

That said ... the P1 fits well in a hand and can even be turned one with a single hand without real problems.

bernie
I agree, but I would find it much easier to turn on one-handed if the knurling on the bezel were more agressive. I say this *after* lubricating the O-ring.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
europium said:
I say this *after* lubricating the O-ring.

You ruined my pre-fabricated reply, I hope you are aware of that! :p

Well, as always, YMMV with any device. Mine is smooth like butter with one hand. After lubing it, that is, as it came more or less dry.

A more aggressive knurling will be just that ... more aggresive ... to your pants and things in your pocket and on your keychain. I *personally* don't think an aggressively knurled light makes a good keychain light. But then again ... we're all different :D

bernie

Skyline

Enlightened
I just got a P1 a few days ago. It's ok in the hand, and works great on my keyring. Comfortwise, I prefer the Longbow Micra, but that's a bigger (and sturdier) light. Different purpose, I suppose.

dtsoll

Enlightened
The P1 is an excellent light, maybe the best of 2006 in my opinion. As far as the lights I have personally handled that is!! Doug:)

LeFunt

Newly Enlightened
My black P1 has lived on my keychain for about 2 weeks. Great light. It goes wherever I go.

Small and very light weight. It's not terribly noticable amongst the four keys.

I used it for about 10 minutes last night to illuminate an 18'x18' room, mostly held by hand, but occassionally sitting on its flat bottom. By shining on the white celiing, it easily lit up the whole room.

It was easy to hold, but admittedly it was on the keychain, not by itself. I don't think there would be any problem holding it by itself without the keychain.

Hard to beat this value for what I want. It's very small and has a very bright light with 2-hour regulated run time.

My only additional desire for this flashlight would be a low level output, but if a clickie was required to do this and added more than 8-10mm, I don't think I'd buy it. I really like this small size for pocket carry.

FEATHERSTONE

Newly Enlightened
I use my P1 ALOT, Its very easy to hold, I added a clip to mine (had a extra from a cmg ultra and made it fit) and when I need both hands I just clip it on the bill of my hat, works like a champ....

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
Well, as always, YMMV with any device. Mine is smooth like butter with one hand. After lubing it, that is, as it came more or less dry.

A more aggressive knurling will be just that ... more aggresive ... to your pants and things in your pocket and on your keychain. I *personally* don't think an aggressively knurled light makes a good keychain light. But then again ... we're all different :D

bernie
dito.gif
Out of all the lights I EDC, the P1 is my favorite and most used. Extremely easy to operate one handed.

Moonknight

Newly Enlightened
I just gotten the P1. Excellent light with small build. Very comfortable to hold. It has just replaced my everyday carry L0P. :grin2: