L2T vs. MM L2P

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone! :)
As a recent newcommer to "real" flashlights, I have aquired a Fenix L2T and am very content with it. I really like the 2-stage ability of it and the regulation i get with it using Ni-MHs. And although it is much, much brighter than anything that I have had before, I have this weird desire to get something even brighter. I was browsing Fenix-Store and found the MillerMods L2P and did some searching on CPF and thought that it would be a good light for me. Can someone tell me roughly how much brighter it is than the L2T on high mode? Does it have good output in relation to it's price tag? (I know that it isn't much in relation to surefires, etc., but I'm not exactly loaded) Just any comments on the MM L2P would be appreciated, as well as any alternative suggestions for other flashlights. I would like to stay in the AA range because of convience. Thank you very much.

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
My L2P with millermods driver installed is a nice bit brighter than my L2T but I also put in a UXOJ LUX III which makes a difference. I get over 1600 lux on a light meter at 1meter distance(L2P)

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened
leeleefocus: So does the "standard" MM L2P have a noticeably greater throw than the L2T on high? That's what I really want.... Maybe Fenix will come out with a 5w 2AA light, eh? :naughty:

LED Cool: I wish that I had seen your post before I bought my L2T... :awman: The LF1 is an awesome light.

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
It is a nice bit brighter and yes it does have much better throw but the design of the reflector spreads the light alot. I would say if you want more throw try and find a light with a slightly larger reflector(the reflector either needs to be deeper or needs to be a larger diameter) My MM L2P will light up my entire back garden which is 25m X 10m.

I just had a look on flashlightreviews and the L2T that he tested gave a lux reading of 1000 at one meter and my MM L2P gets over 1600 lux at one meter(there could be discrepency's between our light meters though but i would say that these figures give a fair idea of what to expect)

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
whitedoom34 said:
Maybe Fenix will come out with a 5w 2AA light, eh? :naughty:

I don't think so, also if you want throw, this wouldn't be the solution.
Take a look at the Threads with the new 2xAA and 3xAA Minimag lights.

What I have seen so far, they must be great thrower due to a deep reflector and also very usefull due to the adjustable spot.

Best regards

____
Tom

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option might be a JetI MKII,multiple output and its ability to run 3.7 lion cell(14500).The difference between nimh and a lion in this light is like the difference between shooting a .357 mag and a .38 cal ! night and day difference.

whitedoom34

Newly Enlightened
Thank you so much for your replys. :)

How does the Jetbeam Jet1 MKII compare to the MM L2P? Have they fixed the problem with the AA extension tubes fitting? Were can you buy it? Thank you again for your help!

InfidelCastro

Banned
leeleefocus said:
My L2P with millermods driver installed is a nice bit brighter than my L2T but I also put in a UXOJ LUX III which makes a difference. I get over 1600 lux on a light meter at 1meter distance(L2P)

So you're saying the Millermods version doesn't already have a U-bin in it? Does it have a T bin like the L2T?

I just can't imagine it would be that much brighter than the L2T and reviewing different charts tells me the same thing.