Any lights similar to Inova T2?

mmace1

Enlightened
Hi, for a general everything light, I'm considering the Inova T2 to replace my Inova Radiant AA. I like the Inova T2's battery life (6 hours to 50%) and small size. It's brighter than the Radiant, which itself is bright enough for me (though more's always better of course!)

So my question - any other lights similar to T2 that I should consider? The big limitor for me is I like a lot of battery life and pretty small size. Thanks!

Illum

Flashaholic
well, in the same company, you can always consider the XO [non-reflectored version], slightly greater output than the T2, but the T2 is two hours longer in runtime comparisons, good choice on the T2!

Dougs reviews:
Radiant AA [http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_radiant_aa.htm]
Battery: 2xAA
Runtime: 6hour 13 min to 50%
Throw: 400
Output: 1350
Weight: 5.8 oz
Price at time of review: $20

Inova T2 [http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_t.htm]
Battery: 2xcr123A
Runtime: 5 hour 51 min to 50%
Throw: 725
Output: 1720
Weight: 5.1 oz
Price at time of review: $54

you'll find the T class to be more heavy duty than the radiant class, which is designed for budget criterias so the design and manufacturing process is lagging behing the Ts.

[budget --->cost-effective-->proformance] sums up to [Radiant --->X- series--->T-series]

EDIT: Welcome to the forum! :wave:

pilou

Enlightened
At some point, I will get both the T1 and T2, simply because they are so gorgeous :grin2:.

If battery life is very important to you, one option is the Fenix L2T, which is a two output level light. On high, it should be ever so slightly brighter than the T2, with perhaps more side spill, and it should last 1h15min on 2xAA and about 3hours on rechargeables. On low, even alkalines should last you at least 6-7 hours. On rechargeables, Fenix claims 22 hours.

On low, the L2T should be very comparable in brightness to a Radiant AA.

Illum

Flashaholic
pilou said:
At some point, I will get both the T1 and T2, simply because they are so gorgeous :grin2:.

in my opinion, the T1 is very cute...it's a small light that boasts professional qualities, such as hard anodizing, optics, clickie, and regulating circuitry.

mmace1

Enlightened
pilou said:

If battery life is very important to you, one option is the Fenix L2T, which is a two output level light. On high, it should be ever so slightly brighter than the T2, with perhaps more side spill, and it should last 1h15min on 2xAA and about 3hours on rechargeables. On low, even alkalines should last you at least 6-7 hours. On rechargeables, Fenix claims 22 hours.

On low, the L2T should be very comparable in brightness to a Radiant AA.

Thanks, good call, I've been considering the L2T as well actually!

Has anyone done any independnet tests on the runtime on low to see if it really hits 6-7 on alkalines or 22 on rechargables? (since flashlightreviews only did the test on high) - and what's up with the huge discrepency between alkalines and rechargable runtimes?

I also really prefer the appearance of the T2, as well as how I suspect it'll feel in the hand, but I dunno...