The Amazing Corn Maze

Narpho

Newly Enlightened
In a few weeks my family and I will be doing the corn maze at night. The site said bring a hand held flashlight. Which light would you bring? I'd love to take the Thor :)

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
there is one of those in weston ks.... pretty cool stuff. I'd bring a floodlight.

-david

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I've never done one of those before, but I'd be most interested to try my Kroma Milspec.

darkhanger18

Newly Enlightened
I went to one last night...brought a gladius, L4, and a mag74, gladius on a lower level got the most use, except like others have noted, its spot is like "follow the bouncing ball" when your walking. The mag74 got used on some of the longer stretches to see where some of the path's lead. Long story short, bring multiple lights :)

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes those things can take hours to get through. What lights do you have to choose from? The thor may be a little like overkill and heavy. I would bring everything in my arsenal, and some extra batteries, since I have a big family. :)

Narpho

Newly Enlightened
It's stalks of corn cut into a big maze. You have to walk through it. I thought about battery life...better take a few lights and spares.

Narpho

Newly Enlightened
I have an assortment of LED's and a few incans. Brinkman and G2. I'm thinking about taking both incans and extra batteries.

Bogie

Enlightened
DarkHanger18 Which one did you go to I usually go to Larsens

Larsons Farm Market

I usually bring a asortment of lights CMG IU,SF L1 (Red & Green), L2 which is my EDC,RayOvac 3 in 1 Headlamp :grin2:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done a few corn mazes, and I think medium to lower lights work best. You will want longer runtime, just in case you, ummm for lack of a better phrase, suck at mazes ;). The reason I liked the lower power lights is reflection off the leaves made it hard to see after a while in one.

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
I went to one last year and took a Nuwai Q3. It worked beautifully. The straight portions of the maze were typically less the 10 feet. You don't need too much light and all you see is corn.