• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Maglite 3D extension tube

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little while back modamag had extension tubes for maglites for sale but now he's out. Does anyone have a 3D extension tube that they bought but no longer need? Post here or PM me.
Thanks.

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a 3D length extension. It extends any D cell mag by 3 battery lengths.

I'm trying to extend my 6D to 9D for a full size Mag85.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
omg, 9D!! If you do, you gotta post pictures!!

Somethin like this

IMG_2906-vi.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
! seems not that long with that 3" head, but if you think about it, you realize it is!

aileron

Newly Enlightened
Fivemega has some extension tubes made for Magchargers, but they fit Mag D bodies just fine. 74mm = 1D, so you'd need three.
A 9D Mag85 sounds interesting.
What cells are you planning on using?

Illum

Flashaholic
imagine having a 6 cell extension tube on a 6D mag....cram 40 Cr123As to achieve 120VDC and then.....

sorry, drifting off topic here, 9 cell mag85 sounds interesting, are you planning to run it like a typical 4D mag85 only with a series-parallel circuit to achieve greater runtime?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd probably just use nine 9-10AH NiMH D's (10.8v) and a WA1185. I've got the UCL and MOP reflector as well as the ceramic bi-pin slug on it's way.
Once I've built a couple of lights, I'll then start with the 3AA>D holders, etc.

The Red Monster shown above is what I'm going for, kind of. Something that say's "WOW, Is that Freud's flashlight"? AW's Mag100R is far more impressive in a smaller package, but, I'm just geting started. I'm also building an ROP with 6 1/2Ds in a 4D mag.