Question about Surefire dual stage lights

afultz075

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone else find the amount of thumb pressure required to keep a Surefire dual stage light on high-power in momentary mode downright uncomfortable? Is there anything that anyone has done to the tailcap switch to reduce the amount of thumb pressure required to keep the light on in momentary mode on high power?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any Surefires, but my SLPPL3C requires quite a bit of thumb pressure to stay in momentary, and more to activate constant-on. However, its switch is integrated into the body and therefore inaccessible for alteration. You could try to find some way of weakening your SF's spring, but it would, well, weaken the spring (duh).

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help than that.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
afultz075 said:
Does anyone else find the amount of thumb pressure required to keep a Surefire dual stage light on high-power in momentary mode downright uncomfortable? Is there anything that anyone has done to the tailcap switch to reduce the amount of thumb pressure required to keep the light on in momentary mode on high power?
i think they expect you to twist on the light if not used for a momentary purpose...

Size15's

Flashaholic
afultz075 said:
Does anyone else find the amount of thumb pressure required to keep a Surefire dual stage light on high-power in momentary mode downright uncomfortable?
Not at all. In fact I find the amount of thumb pressure to be less than required for a standard push button pressure switch LockOut TailCap.

I find the two-stage pressure switches the best and most ergonomic for me to use.

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for how to reduce the pressure required. I'm sure that other CPF Members do though.

Al

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to try it to make sure, but yeah, I concur with Al. The pressure required on the Z57 tailcap (L4, E1L, etc) on momentary is stiffer than on my A2 (AFAIK, same tailcap as L1 and L2). Neither really bothers me. If I'm using it long enough that my thumb might get tired, well, I'll just twist it on or click it on.

I do have strong thumbs though. Got them from knifesturbating with my Microtech Scarab and UTX-70.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I wish I had more insight or a better answer for you, but I myself have not had any issues with my SureFire two stage tailcap.