Anyone has this 2 stage/LuxeonIII from Nuwai??

daveman

Enlightened
Hey peeps, I was just checking out this little number on flashlightreviews. It's a 2 stage Luxeon III with two 123A batteries. The numbers look good, but does anyone have any personal experience with this light? How does it feel in you hands? Any quality issues? Just want to get some opinion before I shell out. Thanks y'all.

Nuwai TM-301X-3

TM301X_Black_300.gif

Blooptube

Newly Enlightened
Ledacholic,
I have been reading the back posts for 3 weeks now and have newly joined CPF. I have been doing the searches but in many cases the searches turn up info that is 6 - 10 months old. As it seems that the advances in LED technology are growing by leaps and bounds and a fair number of the lights we are interested in are steadily evolving....I believe what I (and daveman probably) are looking for is current likes/dislikes of the light. I have found that RARELY on CPF a question goes totally unanswered. I have been dazzled by the reviews on all the Nuwai lights and a few short answers like what KDOG3 gave are exceedingly beneficial to us newbies. And while I am sure you are not a newbie to LEDs, and your your suggestion to do a search is addressed to those who are lazy, what I am looking for is a bit of current feedback from the owners of this light who would be so kind as to share their experiences.

If you don't own this light then don't give any feedback......if you do own the light and don't want to give any feedback then don't. If you have something useful to say then please say it (referencing the light). I am pretty sure that daveman knows about the search function, as am I, but I certainly thirst for as much current knowledge and experience as possible.

Thanks for your input.

myk

Enlightened
Now I dont own THIS LIGHT, but I own the 301X-5, the 5watt luxV version, but I've been told the body is EXACTLY the same.

I just bought a silver 301X-3 to get a little less light, a little more runtime than my 301X-5.

The black rubs off the body pretty easy - 10 minutes in your pocket with keys and it gets nicked up pretty quick, this is why I bought the silver one next -

It feels pretty solid in the hand, perfect size, good grip on the side.

Lens can be swapped out for a UCL, reflector is pretty well regarded for stock

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Owned and sold one. Pretty good for the money, same output as the Q3, more runtime. nice reflector and beam. Very good tint on mine. Stay with it if you want two stages.

I just ordered a huntlight FT-01, which is one stage and bigger, but is more flexible battery-wise. also has bezel down carry. we shall see.

uspopo

Newly Enlightened
I just sold my blk Q3 because I wanted something similar in output of my SF E2D and the 301X-3 seems to fit the bill perfectly as the measured output is 1-2 lumens difference as measured in flashlightreview.com and almost twice the runtime on HI over the E2D. The added feature of a LO output is a great plus for navigation and prolonged battery life. As mentioned before the X301 isn't as cell versatile as the Huntlight FT01 but you get a lot for 43.00. If you want a single output light then go for the FT01. Just ordered another Ti Q3 (EDC pocket) and a Blk 301X-3 (EDC bag) today as both will fill all my needs.

daveman

Enlightened
Uspopo, I did some reading and got the impression that the Huntlight FT01 has alot more throw than the Nuwai? I kind of view the 301 as a 2-cell version of the P1 (about same throw/output) but with a dim mode.

uspopo

Newly Enlightened
I think Chevofreak did a test on the FT01 and it had great numbers with CRs and even better numbers with RCRs. I heard the 301X-3 doesn't like RCRs so you are pretty much stuck with CRs. I have 20 SF batteries stockpiled so using rechargables isn't an issue for me. The Huntlight is definitely the way to go if you like different power options and a bargain for 33.00.

Last edited:

yekim

Enlightened
I have one and I edc'd it for about a year...till I got a Fenix L2T, and then a LiteFlux LF1. The Nuwai is now a backup light. The Fenix is brighter and it runs on AA's.

ETA: I think the Nuwai has some serious possibilities as a mod host...It is a good light, there isn't much out there that compares for the price really, but I think it is in need of an update. There are single cell lights that are comparable as far as output and so on go.

Last edited:

iced_theater

Enlightened
I liked that light. Worked perfectly for the year or so I owned it. Usually didn't need high, so the batteries lasted quite awhile in the light. The holster for it sucked and wore out finally after 8 months or so, but other than that I believe it's a very good buy.

uspopo

Newly Enlightened
The Q3 and 301X-3 would make a great EDC combo for just under 75.00. Q3 for the jacket pocket and the 301X-3 in my EDC bag. I wish that both flashlights had Type III HA and glass lenses but the lenses could be upgraded. I will retire my E2D as a backup to my Nuwais.:)