DORCY AAA IS ALL YOU NEED IN LIFE

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, just a dorcy...

...and a HDS and a Surefire and an Inova and a Fenix and an Arc and a...

...you get the picure.
biggrin.gif

CFU

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
RebelXTNC said:
Finally found a black one last night! Anybody else still seeing a scattering of these?
I've seen them. I think there were both white and clear reflectored versions but all had the shorter latest type body. Since I like the older, longer versions (which are easier to mod) and still had a few, I didn't get any.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, I`ve given a bunch as presents over the years. Never heard of one failing...unlike some other AAA expensive light that I won`t name but you all know. For only a few bucks...jesss...what a bargain.

So you guy`s are bored too...

DaveG

Enlightened
RebelXTNC said:
Finally found a black one last night! Anybody else still seeing a scattering of these?
Yes,picked up a black one at Wal-mart about a month ago.But it seems they are few and far between.Also spotted a couple of black ones at a Sears Hardware store,around the same time I got the one at Wal-mart.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
hikinhillary said:
I love the DORCY AAA so much, I truly believe that it is all you need in life.

Who agrees?
:shakehead Don't tell me, let me guess - that's your only flashlight so far, isn't it? :candle:

:laughing:

Need is one thing, but flashaholic need is another. Most people just need one decent flashlight. Some might need a headlamp. Of course, since when have us CPFers been "most people"?

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
Badbeams said:
Yea, I`ve given a bunch as presents over the years. Never heard of one failing...unlike some other AAA expensive light that I won`t name but you all know. For only a few bucks...jesss...what a bargain.

So you guy`s are bored too...

I also have given a bunch as presents. I got many compliments on them.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine see occassional use, still running with the first battery.

hikinhillary

Newly Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
:shakehead Don't tell me, let me guess - that's your only flashlight so far, isn't it? :candle:

:laughing:

Actually, it is not my only light- just my favorite. I also have a SL 4AA, SMJLED Modded MiniMag with a kroll, Fenix L1P, Eternal Light Ergo 3, SMJLED PR in a .84 cent light from Walmart, and solitaire with nichia ubin led..........and of course, a DORCY--- ALL YOU NEED IN LIFE- TRULY :whistle:

The_virus

Enlightened
For the price and useability, I think the Dorcy 1AAA is untouchable.

They changed the design? I'll have to go to the store that carries them because I haven't seen that Dorcy light lately on store shelves.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
hikinhillary said:
I love the DORCY AAA so much, I truly believe that it is all you need in life.

Who agrees?

No.

And, I wrote out a long, detailed reply as to why...... But when I went to click "Submit Reply," my comp froze up on me. This has happened a few times on this forum. Never happens on any other forum I'm a member of. And, I'm not in the mood to type the whole thing out again.

So just, "no."

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
And, I wrote out a long, detailed reply as to why...... But when I went to click "Submit Reply," my comp froze up on me. This has happened a few times on this forum. Never happens on any other forum I'm a member of.

You are not alone in this...it's a giant conspiracy against us sensible folk...that's what it is!
frown.gif

Or it maybe a glitch with the forum...but it's one or the other...of that I am certain - Flipping annoying which ever it is though.
rant.gif

CFU

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had that happen enough at several places that I always copy/paste now before hitting submit.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit, while they will have to pry my Firefly III or my HDS from my cold dead hands, a Dorcy AAA spends more time in my pocket than any other light. But, since I started upgrading cheap LED's, on a Dorcy, I will not carry a stock one. With a CS or comparable LED, it really does serve a majority of my needs. And I don't worry about it the way I tend to with a $100+ light.

Yes, found a handsome black pair at just one local Walmart. Ironic, as it was the first color I looked for, but could not find. Now it will probably be the last one of the old style lights I buy. I still see many at the higher priced places, like K-mart and ACO hardware. Most local Walmarts are down to the lensed type now.

Hondo

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Casual Flashlight User said:
You are not alone in this...it's a giant conspiracy against us sensible folk...that's what it is!
frown.gif

Or it maybe a glitch with the forum...but it's one or the other...of that I am certain - Flipping annoying which ever it is though.
rant.gif

CFU

Your post inspired me to post a condensed version of my original post..... I'll give you one guess what happened when I hit "Submit reply," again! :mad:

Here's an even more condensed version:
I love Dorcy 1AAA light. But bigger jobs require more powerful lights.

Can't condense it more than that!
Let's try this again.
*Crosses fingers*