OK, Have L4, Where Can I Get a Two Stage Switch?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I would appreciate anyone who can help me determine how to give my L4 two stages. Just didn't want to pocket the L2.

Thanks,
Jeff.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
I appreciate the link, but I can't figure out on the site anywhere how to contact them. Do you have an email address?

Thanks,
Jeff,

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
PseudoFed,

McGizmo has been saying for a while that these were being phased out, and I just looked and couldn't find them at the shoppe. I suppose your options are to either purchase a 'C' series two-stage tailcap here: http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/index.php?cPath=48_56_70 and either modify the PCB board to fit in a Z52 tailcap or post a WTB on B/S/T for an 'E' series PCB. Or just watch B/S/T, these switches do come up occasionally though you may have to purchase it as part of another light.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you contact CPF member "milkyspit" via PM, just let him know that i sent you, and that i told you about a custom 2 stage switch for the SF L4. He'll know what you're talking about. He can make one for you in a jiffy and send it back.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
Or you could build one by yourself:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1205794&postcount=21

Best regards

____
Tom

Putting a resistor in series is tranditionally an inefficient way of producing lower light levels because some of the battery power is dissipated as heat (at the resistor) and not light.

I think SureFire has the resources ($) to make the L4 two-stage instead of needing the L2 size increase. I don't know why they don't do it.

BBL

Enlightened
EngrPaul said:
Putting a resistor in series is tranditionally an inefficient way of producing lower light levels because some of the battery power is dissipated as heat (at the resistor) and not light.

I think SureFire has the resources ($) to make the L4 two-stage instead of needing the L2 size increase. I don't know why they don't do it.

Dont work _all_ 2-stage tailcaps with a resistor? Including surefires L1, L2, A2, the Aleph-Tailcaps, etc.?

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
EngrPaul said:

Take a search about it. This theme was often discussed.
Efficient or not, it reduces light output and gains runtime.

If the resistor is in the right relation to the consumption, there is absolutely no problem with this method.

Best regards

____
Tom

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Alin10123 said:
If you contact CPF member "milkyspit" via PM, just let him know that i sent you, and that i told you about a custom 2 stage switch for the SF L4. He'll know what you're talking about. He can make one for you in a jiffy and send it back.

I appreciate that and will do.

Thanks,
Jeff

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long John said:
Efficient or not, it reduces light output and gains runtime.

If the resistor is in the right relation to the consumption, there is absolutely no problem with this method.

I agree with you. I'd just like to see the manufacturer do it the right way in a $200 flashlight.