Logic Striker vs. Gladius?

mmace1

Enlightened
Has anyone used both and have an opinion on how they compare? (or how any third light is superior to both)

Also, does the Striker have several brightness levels, or just the 2?

Thanks,

PB92

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any guess on the candlepower or lumen output of the Striker VG? Nothing on the box indicates anything, thanks guys!
-PB92

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightreviews.com has a good review of the Striker VG.

Says overall output is 62 by his measure, which is generall accepted on CPF as a 1:1.4 to actual lumens, so 62 x 1.4 = 86.8 lumens.

I've never used the Gladius, though I think I would like it. The trade offs are you have to have the Gladius in the tailcap position/mode you want for your situation, while the Striker has all the modes available at any time with one button - just that it still takes about as much time to get to those features.

The Gladius is faster and slightly more versatile once you are in the right mode. The Striker has more throw, but the Gladius has more spill. - Depends on what you want. The Striker does have more than two levels, I count six, but the lowest is not as low as the lowest Gladius low.

I once did a runtime with 700mA 3.0 V RCR123's and it ran 24 hours on lowest level. That would mean 48 hours on CR123 primaries.

I keep my Striker in the car as my compact super thrower spotlight. More versatile than my second choices: either a Inova T3 (single level with less throw, but more runtime on high) or a 2C Mag LED (single level and bigger with more runtime & I think more throw).

I like mine and think it is a good light for $110. But of course I'd jump on a Gladius for that price too.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/ledlogic_strikervg.htm

tron3

Banned
PB92 said:
Does anyone have any guess on the candlepower or lumen output of the Striker VG? Nothing on the box indicates anything, thanks guys!
-PB92

I own a Striker-Vg, I was in direct contact with LEDlogic and was told it is about 200 lumens. Looks every bit of it. However, with the new programming, the light output might have been reduced a little for battery life. I suggest you contact them and ask. I got the feeling they weren't absolutely sure.

It has 2 levels now? Mine is adjustable, but is too fast to really make accurate adjustments. It needs to be reprogrammed.

Here is my review on it. First on the site.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=94827&highlight=striker+vg

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the Striker-VG, or any single-Lux light for that matter, is anywhere near 200 lumens. Blindasabat's 86.8L is a lot more believable.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
My striker is good, but limited batt capacity...slightly confusing operation

Take a look at the new Goncz LED.... Mark from www.e-lectronics.net just started selling this new model E-3 .

There is also a new model that looks good from Lighting Science Group Corp...I can't get the link to paste! oh,well...google it!

Last edited:

diesel_dad

Newly Enlightened
I have the Striker-VG and I like it a lot. It has more throw than my Huntlight FT-01X SE U-Bin but less spill. The controls are effective once you master them but my use is not tactical. The brightness is infinitely adjustable.

The biggest issues I have are:
1). No easy way to attach a lanyard. Maybe there is some type of bracket that could be use?
2). Surface a little slippery -- knurling would be great.
3). Cannot use 18650 batts like the Huntlight but I ordered some 17670 and we'll see how that works.

Provides a lot of light and lots of adjustability for a reasonable price.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Realistic lumens for the Striker are 80-105 (luxeon lottery). T bin luxeon at 850mah...you do the math. Runtime is ~2 hrs on primaries at full.

The light output levels aren't staged so there's no definitive amount - they're infinite - but ~6 isn't an unreasonable assumption in real world application.

We're carrying the latest version - rev. 3 which simplifies and speeds usage.
1st press is always momentary.
2nd press is on, old for dimming.
3rd press is strobe

Markcm

Newly Enlightened
Hi CPF'ers,

(this post has been updated March 2008)

Markcm here, I only wish I'd of been more established in CPF before Goncz Hi Tech Inc. (john goncz) sank his meat hooks into me and ran me threw the shredder. I have no affiliation with goncz.

I appreciate all the warnings I received from you folks, unfortunately by the time they came across, the damage was done. It's behind me now; I was able to help some folks in the duration that goncz had left hanging and as they say "education is not free". Believe me, mine was expensive!

Lighthouse one said:
My striker is good, but limited batt capacity...slightly confusing operation

Take a look at the new Goncz LED.... Mark from www.e-lectronics.net just started selling this new model E-3 .

There is also a new model that looks good from Lighting Science Group Corp...I can't get the link to paste! oh,well...google it!

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
DieselDad....you have to put a drop of solder on the plus end of the battery...unless you get the new ones with an extended positive end. My striker works best with 2 unprotected 123a. I also had Milky put a reflector in mine instead of the lens....now I have a much more powerful striker with great sidespill too.

diesel_dad

Newly Enlightened
Lighthouse one said:
DieselDad....you have to put a drop of solder on the plus end of the battery...unless you get the new ones with an extended positive end. My striker works best with 2 unprotected 123a. I also had Milky put a reflector in mine instead of the lens....now I have a much more powerful striker with great sidespill too.

Thanks for hint on the batteries. Just ordered them from AW but have not received yet. Thought I read somewhere that newest version did have a button on the top but we will see. Also have the tiny button magnets if there is no built-in button.

Two interesting questions:
1). Is the software on the flashlight upgradable?
2). Any beamshots with the reflector?
3). Was the reflector a one-of or can mortals get one?

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
1). Is the software on the flashlight upgradable?

Sort of - but not by the user. I've suggested to LEDLogic that there might be a small market for them to sell upgrade kits (a USB to EPROM cable and an application) for user to be able to program the switches themselves. They didn't seem super interested because of the development cost of a consumer friendly application and the limited market.

PB92

Newly Enlightened
Ledlogic site seems to be down? Anybody else find that?

tron3

Banned
PB92 said:
Ledlogic site seems to be down? Anybody else find that?

I checked that yesterday. It's still down? Dang, I hope they don't "go away", I need my Striker reprogrammed.
:mad:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diesel....Here is ceiling shot...you can't tell how powerful it is..but the spill shows very well...and a close up of the reflector....Milkyspit did the mod...you can try it youself,,,but don't bug Milky for directions!.
striker003.jpg
striker001.jpg

PB92

Newly Enlightened
So, 86.6 lumens is pretty close then. The light is still the brightest, longest throwing light so far.

*Retired*