Lighthound keyring lights

jason_01

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone happen to know the runtime on the little keyring lights from Lighthound? I do a lot of kite flying at night and I think a couple of these would work well if they run for at least 4 hours.

Jason

uspopo

Newly Enlightened
I've never tested the runtime and 4 hours seems like a lot. I'm sure having 2 or 3 extra around in the pocket wouldn't hurt.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one recently on an order that I haven't used so I'll test it. I'm sure it will dim throughout the runtime so keep that in mind.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoors Fanatic said:
It will run for a lot more than 4 hours as I tested while camping. Left the damn thing lit almost all night in my tent... I love it.

*concludes test then* :D

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to replace the CR2016's after 2 days of heavy use ('cause it will dim), however this light will never leave you in total dark abruptly. Under moderate usage, the batteries will easily last for months.

Last edited:

uspopo

Newly Enlightened
WOW! More than 4 hours is great! I think I'll pick up another 1/2 dozen of them from Lighthound to keep around.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I recently left the one attached to my dog leash on over night and found it on about half as bright the next day. I anm still using that one for walks. This was one of the 49 cent ones from FIFTHUNIT.

jason_01

Newly Enlightened
Great stuf! Thanks guys and thanks for offering to test one Litup, I have had a couple of them but I gave one away and I dont know how much use the other has had. They'll make perfect kite lights, I'll be ordering a few ;)

x2x3x2

Banned
i tried leaving those free ones from lighthound for about 8 hours, since its not regulated, the output dims gradually. at the 8 hour point, the light output is about enough to spot something 3 inches away :)