MN01 or MN02

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
How the heck can you tell the different MN lamps apart. I have a few E1E's and an old incandescent Outdoorsman. I have Kl1's on all of them now and have the bulbs laying around. I can't tell which is which. I flashed one trying to use it with 2 cells so it must have been an MN01.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last MN02 I purchased had a really dark blue base. So if you get them mixed up don't throw it away if it doesn't work on a one cell body. Function test it on a 2 cell tube 1st!

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll check them later and see what I have. I must have used an MN01 on a 2 cell and that's why it blew. Would a MN02 work with 1 cell? Whatever I have in the E1E works but it seems really dim, that's what prompted my question. I don't remember it being that crappy of a light but I am comparing it to a KL1 head now so maybe that's why.

InfidelCastro

Banned
The MN01 lamp only starts out at 15 lumens with a fresh battery and immediately starts dropping.

Most people are not impressed with the MN01.

The MN02 is 25 lumen and the MN03 is 60 lumens.

The MN02 is very useably IMO, but I do prefer the MN03.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire do not rate their outputs as the maximum or peak output they achieve over the course of the runtime.
However, it is fair to say that the initial output will generally decrease as juice runs out. Except of the A2 which is of course regulated.

Al

Varmint1

Newly Enlightened
It ends up that I had one of each. I don't remeber ever buying anything with an MN03 but i must have. I must have used an Mn01 in a 2 cell light and that's why it flashed.

I must say that the MN01 doesn't seem as impressive as it once did. It must be because I have a bunch of KL1's now. The MN02 is better and the Mn03 seems the best. They all are a lot more yellow than I remember.

I guess the MN03 would be impressive to someone that isn't into lights. For me, comparing it to my U2's, L4, or L5, it seems pretty weak and yeller.